Notices

Old 27 May 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Love the suitcases! I need some more Disney ones - see now I will be spending more money thanks to you
Food wise we ate in a couple of restaurants in Downtown Disney - we love Splitsville. Off site we walked to Cheesecake Factory and from memory there was also a Bubba Gumps and California Pizza Kitchen Lots of choice nearby...
I last went to Las Vegas about 20 years ago (! ) with a baby in tow. I do remember us eating in MGM in the Rainforest Cafe... I also remember amazing buffets in the hotels... I imagine there is lots of choice
Not long now
I think sally would secretly like a Disney case for us too but knows that she’ll end up being made to carry it 😉 we’ll stick with one of our old ones 😂

I like rainforest but I’d like to steer clear of places that we can eat at here if you know what I mean.
I’m also getting told off for being on the laptop looking at restaurants too much. The non planners never understand the time these things take 😂😃😂
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
We are definitely going to be hitting a Cheesecake Factory at some point this trip as we have never been! I may do it in vegas but think it’s more likely we will go to the one in Anaheim for a dinner. Only had a breakfast in Johny rockets previously and that was on a cruise so am going to add that to our million long list of possibles too 😂
You can go to the Cheesecake Factory more than once we do 🙊🙊
The menu is huge, I was very happy that there was one in Boston & one Chicago where we went at Easter 😋😋

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
You can go to the Cheesecake Factory more than once we do 🙊🙊
The menu is huge, I was very happy that there was one in Boston & one Chicago where we went at Easter 😋😋
We might have visited a couple of times on our last trip... love it!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Funnily enough, sally is the only one of us who has been to cheese cake factory before and that was one in Boston!
We will definitely fit it in. I don’t think we will be eating anywhere twice though as we have far too much choice of places we would like to go in each area already! I think narrowing it down is going to be the problem!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

A couple of restaurant reservations

So with us being just under the 10 week mark I have made some restaurant reservations. I have been a little bit indecisive on restaurants due to the vast amount of choice in Las Vegas. We aren't foodies by any stretch of the imagination and we have kids that are ridiculously fussy which makes things difficult. We have booked two evening meals. It is highly likely that we may cancel one of them for budgetary purposes... but then again we might not I'll see how tight I'm feeling nearer the time!

As you know, we have Mon Ami Gabi booked for breakfast on our first morning in Las Vegas.

I have just made a reservation for dinner at 16:45. I couldn't get any later as nothing available but this should be OK as, let's face it, the kids will still be on UK time!

Looking forward to this as I have read quite a few reviews that state they will do pizza for the kids so should keep us all happy.

Sally and I fancy Gordon's Beef Wellington.

I booked the restaurant for our 2nd full day in las Vegas a few days ago. As I said, this may go but I do quite fancy it mainly due to the location and setting.

We have a 17:30 reservation. No guarantees for where your table is but unless I get a table I want I'll have no problem leaving and eating somewhere else for the price.

This is another celebrity chef restaurant but I can't say I've ever heard of him. Sally and I like the look of the menu and if there isn't a kids menu there are things the kids will eat as it's Italian (pizza for Emma, Bolognese for Benjamin )

With these two restaurants being at Caesars and The Bellagio there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting to them from The Venetian. Time will tell if both restaurants stay the course... I do have a habit of changing my mind!

I've still got a few reservations in mind for Las Vegas but not for restaurants as there are other places we would like to eat that will be lighter on the wallet such as Panda Express, Giordanos etc. Things still under consideration are:
A water park: Still trying to decide between Cowabunga Bay and Cowabunga Canyon which has just re-opened on the Wet n Wild Site. I'm leaning towards Cowabunga Bay and a trip to Hoover Dam before the water park opens.

High Roller: Want to do this but am still hesitant booking too much I have to pay for up front with the damn Covid Tests hanging over us!
Tournament of the Kings: As above!
Flyover Las Vegas: Gets pretty good reviews but not sure it's worth the money for an upgraded soarin' with DL still to come.
Adventuredome: Think they may have priced me out with the recent price increases as I'm not sure it's worth it anymore!

One restaurant booked in LA:

On our last evening staying at Hilton Universal City I've booked a restaurant. Looks like about a $20 Uber from our hotel each way.

Was struggling to find somewhere we fancied around here but this looks like a pleasant setting. I quite liked the look of some places in Beverley Hills but they seem to be bit less kid friendly. I've emailed this one and I'm happy they we will be welcomed and they have a kids menu.

The Castaway Restaurant Burbank

I think Sally and I fancy sharing the 48Oz Tomahawk here.

They have a good looking cocktail menu too. (Those who read my UK Cruise review last year will know Sally and I can be quite partial to a cocktail or two) We will either wait for a table with a decent view or hop back in the Uber if we can't get it

We've booked this for 18:15 on our last evening in this area. The plan will be a bit of pool time after our LA Tour then Uber to here and hopefully eating to a nice sunset backdrop... Q torrential rain

We will probably eat in City Walk for the rest of our time here and maybe Panda Express... which we've still to try!

I now need to add these to my Dibb planner as things are starting to fill up a bit!

Edited at 06:04 PM.
Old 2 Jun 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So with us being just under the 10 week mark I have made some restaurant reservations. I have been a little bit indecisive on restaurants due to the vast amount of choice in Las Vegas. We aren't foodies by any stretch of the imagination and we have kids that are ridiculously fussy which makes things difficult. We have booked two evening meals. It is highly likely that we may cancel one of them for budgetary purposes... but then again we might not I'll see how tight I'm feeling nearer the time!

As you know, we have Mon Ami Gabi booked for breakfast on our first morning in Las Vegas.

I have just made a reservation for dinner at 16:45. I couldn't get any later as nothing available but this should be OK as, let's face it, the kids will still be on UK time!

Looking forward to this as I have read quite a few reviews that state they will do pizza for the kids so should keep us all happy.

Sally and I fancy Gordon's Beef Wellington.

I booked the restaurant for our 2nd full day in las Vegas a few days ago. As I said, this may go but I do quite fancy it mainly due to the location and setting.

We have a 17:30 reservation. No guarantees for where your table is but unless I get a table I want I'll have no problem leaving and eating somewhere else for the price.

This is another celebrity chef restaurant but I can't say I've ever heard of him. Sally and I like the look of the menu and if there isn't a kids menu there are things the kids will eat as it's Italian (pizza for Emma, Bolognese for Benjamin )

With these two restaurants being at Caesars and The Bellagio there shouldn't be too much of an issue getting to them from The Venetian. Time will tell if both restaurants stay the course... I do have a habit of changing my mind!

I've still got a few reservations in mind for Las Vegas but not for restaurants as there are other places we would like to eat that will be lighter on the wallet such as Panda Express, Giordanos etc. Things still under consideration are:
A water park: Still trying to decide between Cowabunga Bay and Cowabunga Canyon which has just re-opened on the Wet n Wild Site. I'm leaning towards Cowabunga Bay and a trip to Hoover Dam before the water park opens.

High Roller: Want to do this but am still hesitant booking too much I have to pay for up front with the damn Covid Tests hanging over us!
Tournament of the Kings: As above!
Flyover Las Vegas: Gets pretty good reviews but not sure it's worth the money for an upgraded soarin' with DL still to come.
Adventuredome: Think they may have priced me out with the recent price increases as I'm not sure it's worth it anymore!

One restaurant booked in LA:

On our last evening staying at Hilton Universal City I've booked a restaurant. Looks like about a $20 Uber from our hotel each way.

Was struggling to find somewhere we fancied around here but this looks like a pleasant setting. I quite liked the look of some places in Beverley Hills but they seem to be bit less kid friendly. I've emailed this one and I'm happy they we will be welcomed and they have a kids menu.

The Castaway Restaurant Burbank

I think Sally and I fancy sharing the 48Oz Tomahawk here.

They have a good looking cocktail menu too. (Those who read my UK Cruise review last year will know Sally and I can be quite partial to a cocktail or two) We will either wait for a table with a decent view or hop back in the Uber if we can't get it

We've booked this for 18:15 on our last evening in this area. The plan will be a bit of pool time after our LA Tour then Uber to here and hopefully eating to a nice sunset backdrop... Q torrential rain

We will probably eat in City Walk for the rest of our time here and maybe Panda Express... which we've still to try!

I now need to add these to my Dibb planner as things are starting to fill up a bit!
This is sounding like a fabulous trip! I’m planning a Las Vegas trip for next February so am very interested to hear about your restaurant reservations and reviews. I’m looking for somewhere nice for one of the evenings as we are going over to celebrate my dh’s 50th birthday, albeit a few months after his actual birthday! Lago looks lovely, as does Prime and Hells Kitchen. I’ll have a look at those. Thanks
Update: looked at these - Lago doesn’t look like the photos - is that Prime? I’m edging towards Hells Kitchen as reviews seem better, but that fountain view 💕

Edited at 09:13 AM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

That Castaway restaurant looks really good, have added it to my list of possibles for my trip!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip.
Venetian is one of my favourite Vegas hotels. We loved it. Room was lovely and staff helpful and friendly.
For cheap eating places take a look inside Miracle Mile shops. Have been to both Wynn and Bacchanal buffets. Both were very good indeed, with lots of choice and food good. I find them to be quite pricey, but they are good for us as we like a little bit of everything. I dont know what you pay for kids but would be very pricey for 4. If you like Asian food, maybe kids dont, we like Lemon Grass inside Aria hotel.
Hope you all have an amazing time and I will be following along with your trippie. Have fun.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
This is sounding like a fabulous trip! I’m planning a Las Vegas trip for next February so am very interested to hear about your restaurant reservations and reviews. I’m looking for somewhere nice for one of the evenings as we are going over to celebrate my dh’s 50th birthday, albeit a few months after his actual birthday! Lago looks lovely, as does Prime and Hells Kitchen. I’ll have a look at those. Thanks
Update: looked at these - Lago doesn’t look like the photos - is that Prime? I’m edging towards Hells Kitchen as reviews seem better, but that fountain view 💕
I have to say on first looking Prime was definitely my first choice for sally and I. I only went with Lago in the end as the menu seems better for the kids. They are pretty much next to each other from memory and both have that outside patio with the fountain views. It’s that that makes me want to go rather then. The food really. I think those pictures are of lago unless the Google etc are mixing up the photos 😂 it’s all about that fountain view for me just so I do t have to stand in the crowds on the other side 🤣
I like the idea of Hell’s Kitchen although it wasn’t really on my radar initially. I do think I’m going to come out thinking it was ok with a ridiculously over the top price tag but that seems to be vegas in general rather moment. I just want to give them both a try for the experience more so than the food but I may still end up losing one of them…. Will decide nearer the time 😂
Old 3 Jun 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
That Castaway restaurant looks really good, have added it to my list of possibles for my trip!
I hadn’t heard of it and just stumbled across it with Google searches for ‘LA rooftop restaurants’ ‘LA restaurants with a a view’ and ‘steakhouses near universal Hollywood’. There are a couple of mixed reviews but isn’t there for anywhere?
It looks really good and the menu is right up okie street so hopefully it will work out!