Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Swim with the Dolphins

Hi every one ,I think I have touched on this before but not sure...my daughter is really desperate to do the swim with dolphins .she does not know about the cruise part of the holiday on the dream.the Dolphins are not cheap ,I am not too fused but this will be my last big holiday due to one thing and another.
So this what options I have
Either book on the dream for it or book direct with the company both the same venue not sure of pros and cons on this over price value and reliability.
Is it possible for my daughter to do this herself with me on the side line.
Any info from the dibbers would be great ,in the meantime I will do some research

Edited at 08:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks like if you book direct a half day is $185 then $15 each way for taxi any one know what Disney charge for same trip
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevb63 View Post
Looks like if you book direct a half day is $185 then $15 each way for taxi any one know what Disney charge for same trip
Shallow swim at Atlantiis is $199 on the cruise website. Think that includes transfers and access to the Atlantis aquarium by the look of it. The deep water swim is about $100 more.

Think they also do it at blue lagoon but suspect the cost will be comparable

Edited at 10:20 PM.
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Shallow swim at Atlantiis is $199 on the cruise website. Think that includes transfers and access to the Atlantis aquarium by the look of it. The deep water swim is about $100 more.

Think they also do it at blue lagoon but suspect the cost will be comparable
IT was the blue lagoon that done the deep water at €185 with the taxi extra I guess with the Disney you get transport in price
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

IT was the blue lagoon that done the deep water at €185 with the taxi extra I guess with the Disney you get transport in price
Yes you do. To observe isn't cheap -says it $64 for you to watch a participating guest. Can't see if there is an age restriction on kids doing it without a participating adult. You may need to ring.
We did this encounter at Atlantis and loved it but it is a lot of money for 15 mins with a dolphin!
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Yes you do. To observe isn't cheap -says it $64 for you to watch a participating guest. Can't see if there is an age restriction on kids doing it without a participating adult. You may need to ring.
We did this encounter at Atlantis and loved it but it is a lot of money for 15 mins with a dolphin!
Did you book direct or go through the cruise
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Did you book direct or go through the cruise
Through the cruise for peace of mind. Then didn't have to worry about transport etc. I like to balance the convenience and therefore reducing any stress with the cost and at the time it made very little difference for 3 tickets so we just the extra and did it with Disney.