Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 May 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chunky Peanut View Post
Agreed i swear the majority of people who buy these passes waste so much time trying to max them out visiting places they'd never have bothered with and in turn miss out on visiting so many other places that cost nothing at all.
Agree - until I saw the explorer pass
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
The Ride is more an entertainment bus trip rather than a sightseeing trip, I believe the after-dark trips are way more popular than the daytime ones. Be aware though, you have to go to their ticket booth (inside Madam Tussauds) to get a booking for this using the NYPass, and there is an almighty queue before the ticket booth opens, so get there early.

We were at the Intrepid museum and Circle Lines has a terminal right next door so we got on the first boat available, purely for timing purposes. We did the trip down to SOL. We really enjoyed it and got some excellent photos.
Thanks for the info. I think we will take a circle line trip to SOL, we have been considering all the different options for this and I think the cruise sounds the best idea.
I will make sure we get to book the Ride early too. It sounds like a fun way to spend part of an evening
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Hello - ok I've been twice and never used a pass. Mainly as they restrict me... i.e. Must use by x amount of days or things I don't want or need. Just didn't feel good value ... until ... explorer pass. I'm going to get it for the first time. All the things we want to do and will do there but will save us about £100 odd pounds from paying on the door .
This is why we have picked the Exploror pass too, it seems to give a lot of choice and flexibility.
I have noticed that some things still need booking with this pass though but you get a booklet with it that gives clear instructions on how to use the pass for each attraction.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it depends how long you are there for.

If only for a very short time then I think that perhaps buying the exact thing you want for the exact time you want may mean that you can slot more stuff in. Granted it might be slightly more expensive, but if going for a short period of time at a busy time of year may be worth it.

Me I went for the CityPass because a) there was a good offer on, b) the combination of attractions worked for me given I knew I was going to do SOI pedestal/Crown booked elsewhere. Part of my wishes I hadnt jumped the gun, prebooking time slots is proving problematic. (as in "the computer says no!")
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
julie42
Dibbing with Tink

julie42's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks guys for the help.
We deffo want the HoHo bus, Empire State building, 911 museum/memorial, SOL, MOMA and Guggenheim so I think we are going to get the explorer 5 choice pass, and on our third day we want to explore Chinatown/ Greenwich village / grand central station so will just use the subway for that...I'm so excited...just need to find a hotel now!
Old 9 May 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
This is why we have picked the Exploror pass too, it seems to give a lot of choice and flexibility.
I have noticed that some things still need booking with this pass though but you get a booklet with it that gives clear instructions on how to use the pass for each attraction.
Oooh is there anything I should know ? I've not bought yet - I want to do
Empire State , totr, landmark circleline cruise, inteprid?
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I plan to get the 5 attraction explorer pass for next year as we are spending 3 nights in New York pre cruise!
I want to do totr, SOL, national history museum, 9/11 tribute and the ride. I notice you can get 50% off at madam tussauds with the pass so may do that one evening and pay oop if we have time.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Oooh is there anything I should know ? I've not bought yet - I want to do
Empire State , totr, landmark circleline cruise, inteprid?
Circleline - take card to ticket window and exchange for voucher to use at any time within a year. Allow 45 mins to exchange voucher for a boarding pass when you wish to use it.
ESB - Go through security and present pass at box office window
TOTR - Use entrance on 50th St. Go to Express Lane and present pass.
Intrepid - just present pass on entry

The main ones for booking before seem to be the Ride and similar (by email at least 24 hours before) Manhattan by Sea sailings, Food on Foot tours, Woodbury Common shopping trip and On Location tours.

The booklet is really useful. We bought our passes with Attraction Tickets and real cards were sent so don't need to print or pick up anywhere. They were here by courier 2 days after booking. We also received a free $10 voucher for Planet Hollywood, a Dine4less card with 20% off lots of places to eat for up to 4 people and a Macy's discount card.
Old 10 May 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Circleline - take card to ticket window and exchange for voucher to use at any time within a year. Allow 45 mins to exchange voucher for a boarding pass when you wish to use it.
ESB - Go through security and present pass at box office window
TOTR - Use entrance on 50th St. Go to Express Lane and present pass.
Intrepid - just present pass on entry

The main ones for booking before seem to be the Ride and similar (by email at least 24 hours before) Manhattan by Sea sailings, Food on Foot tours, Woodbury Common shopping trip and On Location tours.

The booklet is really useful. We bought our passes with Attraction Tickets and real cards were sent so don't need to print or pick up anywhere. They were here by courier 2 days after booking. We also received a free $10 voucher for Planet Hollywood, a Dine4less card with 20% off lots of places to eat for up to 4 people and a Macy's discount card.
Thanks so much I'll book through them then
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We have bought the 5 attraction Exploror Pass. We picked it because it has lots to choose from and we can decide which to use it for when we get there so don't have to stick to a rigid plan.
We want to do Empire State Building and TOTR. Want to see Statue of Liberty but not sure whether to do this as a tour or on a boat ride around Manhattan so just taking photos from the boat. Also may do hop on hop off bus or the RIDE but can decide which when we get there as they are all included in the pass.
I feel we may be following you around nyc😂 We have just purchased the 5 attraction explorer pass through attraction tickets direct ( booked through quidco and got some money back, can't remember how much) I worked out we would save a fair bit of money with it as just totr and esb are £52, then hoho bus is around £36, that's almost the cost of the pass covered and still 2 attractions left to visit! Not sure which but I quite fancy the nighttime cruise. I love the fact we can be so open to doing what takes our fancy once we are there. We already have Broadway tickets to see kinky boots and have some free activities on our to do list such as walk back across Brooklyn bridge, Central Park, watch the 4th July fireworks. Oooohhhh I am getting so excited now.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List