Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jun 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Except Happily Ever After is the firework show. Once Upon a Time is the projection show.

So the OP is asking why do the crowds leave after the big firework show rather than waiting for the (slightly less impressive) projection show that is shown after the fireworks.

The weird thing is, the projection show used to happen before the firework show. I'm not sure why Disney swapped it around. It doesn't makes sense to have Happily Ever After come before Once Upon a Time.

Anyway, I think people assume that once the firework show has ended then that's it. The fireworks are usually the finale. Plus, as others have mentioned, they may have kids and don't want to stay any longer than required.
Is it not to better distribute the crowds? If Happily Ever After was on later than everyone would be leaving at the same time. Once Upon a Time will encourage some people to stick around.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

They may not all be leaving the park, some may be heading off to get 1 last ride in before close. We loved wishes but were never too fussed about the projection so now they've swapped it around we will probably watch the fireworks then head off to have another ride on big thunder mountain.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Beach Balls
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Crowds, Transport and tired kids

Disney332
This. Took us 2 hours to get out and on the road. Two very tired kids and two very hot and bothered parents.
Mrs Beach Balls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Except Happily Ever After is the firework show. Once Upon a Time is the projection show.

So the OP is asking why do the crowds leave after the big firework show rather than waiting for the (slightly less impressive) projection show that is shown after the fireworks.

The weird thing is, the projection show used to happen before the firework show. I'm not sure why Disney swapped it around. It doesn't makes sense to have Happily Ever After come before Once Upon a Time.

Anyway, I think people assume that once the firework show has ended then that's it. The fireworks are usually the finale. Plus, as others have mentioned, they may have kids and don't want to stay any longer than required.
Fair enough. I didn't know that because neither in MK interest us for the reasons I mentioned earlier. DHS I'm worried about as we did the SW fireworks on an evening EMH day last year and those have been stopped. I can just about cope with leaving DHS after Fantasmic but hate leaving with everyone else.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Is it not to better distribute the crowds? If Happily Ever After was on later than everyone would be leaving at the same time. Once Upon a Time will encourage some people to stick around.
I guess.

It's just that, story-wise, Happily Ever After shouldn't happen before Once Upon A Time. It should start "Once upon a time..." and end with "... happily ever after". That's how fairy tales go.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gav View Post
re leaving with crowds. I just hang back in the park and wander round the gift shops, sit around and relax whilst everyone is leaving.

Obviously that's not always possible with kids but it works well for us.
This is our plan, our autistic son hates crowds but loves fireworks. We will have a snack and chill until the masses have fought their way out
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Johngela13
Trainee Dibber

Yes, this is what I was meaning last time we were there we saw the projection show followed by wishes. It is only yesterday that I realised there was anything on after Happily Ever After as on all the videos I have seen everybody is leaving straight after the fireworks (at least that is how it seems). It casused me to wonder if once upon a time was not good, or required tickets, or ... or... Anyway, it seems it just has not had the required impact. I do understand people with younger children leaving - it's a long day! Fortunately I have two older teens and husband only, thus we now have an additional show to look forward to

Thanks everyone
Johngela13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Johngela13 View Post
Yes, this is what I was meaning last time we were there we saw the projection show followed by wishes. It is only yesterday that I realised there was anything on after Happily Ever After as on all the videos I have seen everybody is leaving straight after the fireworks (at least that is how it seems). It casused me to wonder if once upon a time was not good, or required tickets, or ... or... Anyway, it seems it just has not had the required impact. I do understand people with younger children leaving - it's a long day! Fortunately I have two older teens and husband only, thus we now have an additional show to look forward to

Thanks everyone
isnt there a longer gap between the 2 shows now compared to Celebrate the Magic and Wishes? I don't recall waiting 45 minutes between them when we watched them on the same evening at MK 2 years ago.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List