Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jan 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Booking Alamo through Brits Guide - where's the saving

I have just priced up our car hire for two weeks both through the normal Alamo and through the Brits Guide link.

Normal is £412.02 for two weeks
Brits Guide price is £381.40

This is for the same car and with the free additional driver that Alamo are currently offering anyway they are like for like.

Does the Brits price already included the 10% discount or will this be taken off when you book and checkout? As obviously this difference is not 10%

Edited at 01:57 PM.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

That price is supposedly including the 10% discount.
Check Virgin Holidays Car Hire, they have some great prices just now.

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
are you comparing like for like ie extra driver, all insurances etc. There is no further discount applied, the price given for Alamo Brits is what you pay.

Don't forget also that Alamo may be applying discounts to the price when booking directly with them eg second driver was free for a while

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Bubba31 View Post
That price is supposedly including the 10% discount.
Check Virgin Holidays Car Hire, they have some great prices just now.
Agreed, they always are good. I would recommend booking via the Virgin Atlantic website as that way you get your documents in about an hour. Sometimes with Virgin Holidays they only E Mail them to you 30 days before your hire, even that changes though!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
are you comparing like for like ie extra driver, all insurances etc. There is no further discount applied, the price given for Alamo Brits is what you pay.

Don't forget also that Alamo may be applying discounts to the price when booking directly with them eg second driver was free for a while
Yes everything is the same, car type insurance they both give extra driver free at the moment.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Just had a look the same car with Virgin is £433.30 with the extra driver.
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
Just had a look the same car with Virgin is £433.30 with the extra driver.
No problem, my car was £30 cheaper but is probably date dependant.
Highgate Park, HRH, Loews Miami Beach & Key West 2016, Calabay Parc at Tower Lake & Bahamas Cruise 2013, Highgate Park 2011, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba 2010, Highlands Reserve 2009, 3 Weeks At Westridge / Country Creek 2008, Sunset Ridge 2007, Westridge 2006
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

Had a look on Expedia and Budget, Thrifty and Dollar do the same car for around £350 mark so going to have a look at those, although I suspect that if you have to add on extra driver then I'll be back to the Alamo price.
Old 14 Jan 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
don't forget that with Alamo you can cancel and rebook, not sure what the position is with Dollar etc. My feeling is that if you have a price you like, book it now and if prices start to drop you can cancel and rebook again

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rincelex View Post
Had a look on Expedia and Budget, Thrifty and Dollar do the same car for around £350 mark so going to have a look at those, although I suspect that if you have to add on extra driver then I'll be back to the Alamo price.
Yes- the additional driver if you add on after does make quite a big increase. I have found this & subsequently booked with Alamo-Brits 😄
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread