Notices

Old 4 Apr 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

This whole testing has made the decision for us not to go this year. The thing that Ďdidí it for me is my insurance covers now for most things COVID but didnít cover if you have been asked to isolate by track and trace. Now we had the example of this on the last day of school where someone tested positive and my ds had to isolate(the pcr ended up being negative and this came through about 48hrs after) but could you imagine if this happened and we were going on holiday on the Sat - too much risk/stress. With all that is going on with this and testing whilst away, potential quarantine we have just decided to give it a miss again this year.

Edited at 06:43 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Apprentice Imagineer

Happy to do whatever tests they throw at us. Worth it for 3 glorious weeks.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
And thatís great, if you are happy to take the risks then good on ya, itís just not for us.
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Weíve just had this conversation. For a week in Greece or Spain, no- but for 3 weeks in Florida thatís been booked since jan 2019 weíll do it!
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
And thatís great, if you are happy to take the risks then good on ya, itís just not for us.
Each to their own. But I think before they let it happen, many Ďrisksí will have been ironed out. And if they havenít, hey ho, loads of risks in life.

Edited at 07:06 PM.
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Weíve just had this conversation. For a week in Greece or Spain, no- but for 3 weeks in Florida thatís been booked since jan 2019 weíll do it!
Yes got to admit, not sure i would bother with the hassle for a quick long weekend trip abroad. But got a long stint.. yes sign me up!
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I think at this point we are that invested In it, and the hope of going, that we will do it, and pay (up to a point).

We'll just have to remember that by the time we go, the prevalence of covid will be really low, hence the chances of being denied boarding etc. And we now know through maths if nothing else that false positives even of lateral flow tests are very rare.

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

My sister is over from America at moment as our mum was critically ill - sheís having to do three or four tests - I am sure she said it costs around £400 or more in total for cost. She has a well paid job so wasnít an issue for her but to me at that price it penalises the less well off. We had to rebook our holiday from last year but we wonít be going if the price of tests is similar to what my sister paid . My youngest always says this to me ( something he read )about the fines for Covid and I am beginning to wonder if itís correct .
ďIf the punishment for a crime is a fine then its only illegal for the poor ď
If we have to have tests for anything be it holidays, pubs or concerts then they should be affordable so everyone can have the opportunity.
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Excited about Disney

My boss who owns several companies (and a charity) has invested in a test to fly centre. He told us itís £79 for a lateral flow test plus certificate at this particular centre.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Sounds like a complete shambles - thatís before the Govt change the countries I each list at the first sign of trouble.