Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jun 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't know if you can still get it, but for years I use to go to the doc and get the hayfever jab, it would take a few days to take effect, but then I'd be covered for 6/7 months. It was so good that I could even go and roll around in cornfields or cut grass (not that I did) but it totally stopped everything.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Marchtime
Trying for More Ears

Check he is taking the maximum dose of the tablets, as most allow multiple to be taken in one day. It's worth trying different active ingredients e.g. loratadine, cetirizine. Boots, tesco, sainsburys all do own brand which are just as good. You could also try piriton.
For eyes there is opticrom or if really bad you can get stronger on prescription (e.g rapitil). Always wear sunglasses when outside and shower to remove pollen when returning home.
It is possible to get referred for either injections or other treatment but it can be difficult.
Marchtime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Both DDs suffering particularly badly in the last few days. Huge sympathy for all who get it as it’s really quite debilitating. DD was having professional work photos taken yesterday and looked dreadful 🙁. This was the reason she chose February to get married!
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

I don’t think it would be of much help this year but my DH has local honey (at least 1 teaspoon a day) and it really makes a difference with hayfever and colds. My DS doesn’t have the honey (15 & knows best) & he is really suffering so we have the wipes, shower before bed and change bedding and clothing often.
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Found this year really bad
I'm blaming it on the pollution from the extra cars in the road. Sooner people get back on public transport the better
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I always suffer with hayfever and my doctor has told me to take my antihistamines three times a day as well as my nasal spray and eye drops. Windows closed in the evening and early morning and plenty showers is working slightly for me.
My youngest is having it really rough though, he can hardly open his eyes, its awful seeing a child suffering from hayfever as I know first hand how bad it is. 😪😪
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

My dh uses the wipes as well as a tablet. The wipes really help him as he has a beard and they seem to clear the pollen off. We use the ones from Superdrug.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

It’s been really strange for me this year. If I get it, and I haven’t for the last few years, it usually starts at the end of June. This year it started quite badly late April and lasted a couple of weeks. I’m fine at the moment.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kzrr02
Very Serious Dibber

Both DH and DS get a prescription (tablets and nasal spray) from the doc as nothing else has worked for them. One year DS was really bad and doc suggested to start taking the tablets from March onwards and this seems to work, even though it’s usually around June that it’s really bad.
kzrr02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List