Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Aug 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Im done. I have a DAS using child so for him not alot has changed until you factor in he cant go on alot of the old FP rides me and his mum used to do. Now i have to pay up to ride them or sit him in the sun for god knows how long while i stand in a line.

Uk guests staying in disney for 2 weeks will be utterly hammered for this.
Hi there, can I just ask you about this as I’m struggling to get my head round it. My son uses the DAS, is this changing too with this new system? I’m really worried about the potential queues for him. We’d either never make it through them or by the time we do he would’ve be in a focused enough state to get on them. I don’t mind virtual queuing and the DAS works for us in that regard but I’m thinking from your post it is impacted?

We only do disney and we go for 14 days so this new system will cost us crazy money. We are on the cusp of affording as it is, but this will push us over the edge. The real irony is that just this morning my husband has been discussing with his manager how he is ready for promotion at work. But he can’t take it as our sons needs are too great at the moment and we are unable to establish a work/life balance between us if there is greater work pressure. I recently had to turn one down too. But we need the extra to pay for all these fastpasses now! So, yeah great! 🤣
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL

Edited at 09:21 AM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Adding it a few days maybe the whole length of ticket absolutely not.
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

My husband and I were just talking about how our days might look different. Previously every day was a mix of headliners and then smaller rides and shows. Now maybe we have days that are mostly headliners (and buy genie+) and days that are mostly not (where we don’t). It’ll definitely be a change for us but we’ll give it a go before we say never. Also we’re not going until may 2023… hopefully by then we’ll know what the new normal is.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
For anyone missing the earlier DAS info.

Coming Soon: 2 Exciting New Features
These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat
This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.
During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option. Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.
If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.
Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.
Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Hi there, can I just ask you about this as I’m struggling to get my head round it. My son uses the DAS, is this changing too with this new system? I’m really worried about the potential queues for him. We’d either never make it through them or by the time we do he would’ve be in a focused enough state to get on them. I don’t mind virtual queuing and the DAS works for us in that regard but I’m thinking from your post it is impacted?

We only do disney and we go for 14 days so this new system will cost us crazy money. We are on the cusp of affording as it is, but this will push us over the edge. The real irony is that just this morning my husband has been discussing with his manager how he is ready for promotion at work. But he can’t take it as our sons needs are too great at the moment and we are unable to establish a work/life balance between us if there is greater work pressure. I recently had to turn one down too. But we need the extra to pay for all these fastpasses now! So, yeah great! 🤣
I am currently also trying to find information on this, my DD uses the DAS pass and in the past we have always ensured we use the fastpasses on offer as well to help. I am hoping it is not scraped altogether, even if it still worked the old way of getting a return time that is similar or the same as the standby line still suits us.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
For anyone missing the earlier DAS info.

Coming Soon: 2 Exciting New Features
These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat
This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.
During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option. Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.
If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.
Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.
Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.
Thank you so so much for posting this, I am in tears from the relief (god knows why I am so emotional!)!
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
I still think we get a decent deal from Disney for park tickets around £40 a day if you managed 12 days, £34 if you did the solid 14 days at the parks and this is including park hopper and memory maker. Compare that to a US guest who is paying around $130 for 1 park per day. $15 on top of our park tickets isn’t that bad I don’t think
UK does not get the best offer - that goes to their biggest customer - Florida residents. Plus most Americans get excellent 4 day deals which are available from US tour operators.

Will be interesting to see how this impacts Florida residents and whether they are happy about it
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
There will be a lot of extra interest in DAS passes going forward too.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
I think people are forgetting that Disney Parks will have lost a fortune during Covid - they need to recoup that somehow. It was probably a case of either massively increase the price of the tickets and keep everything else free OR something like this where the tickets stay roughly the same price but those who want to pay more to queue less can do.
Are you having a laugh have you heard of the goldmine that is Disney+
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

If they did length of stay or length of ticket which is really what people are suggesting that wouldn’t work for AP. They did have something about AP in the video I saw I think.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List