Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Jan 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

How I Met Your Father

yep, theyve gone and made another attempt at it (only 7 years after HIMYD ended up getting canned)

i'm 2 episodes in though, and its filling a hole i forgot i had. its the same, but different. in a good way. i like it so far

its got lizzie macguire, piz from veronica mars and kim catrall as future hilary duff

its on hulu, so not sure how youll view it here without a vpn/hulu account. maybe sky will pick it up or something at some point...

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It will be on Disney + if it’s on Hulu.
Old 23 Jan 22, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

We watched it as had nothing else to watch, it was ok I guess. Will probably keep watching until I get too many other series to watch 🤣

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
We watched it as had nothing else to watch, it was ok I guess. Will probably keep watching until I get too many other series to watch 🤣
isnt that what the original was too though? nothing amazing, just a nice warm, fuzzy half an hour of enjoyable filler time?

so far this is filling that criteria nicely
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
isnt that what the original was too though? nothing amazing, just a nice warm, fuzzy half an hour of enjoyable filler time?

so far this is filling that criteria nicely
Yeah I know but I’m just not feeling the characters yet, there’s not quite the same feeling for me.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i think the problem at the moment is that i'm trying to figure out who is who in the new one. is the british guy gonna be barney? i suspect it'll be lizzie macguire's roommate though.

or maybe there wont be a "new barney" or a "new robyn", and they are all completely different characters, just all in a similar situation hanging out in a bar or something...
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

How similar is it? It wouldn't be the same if you know the outcome, the fun of the last season was the constant guessing who the mother was (and wasn't!) I thought they handled the ending cleverly, not sure I would enjoy if I knew what was coming.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

all we know is lizzie macguire (and kim catrall as future mom) met the father on the night of the first episode. that potnetially narrows it down to three guys. unless its one of the other random blokes/extras who featured in it at the bar/party/etc.

being able to see the kid (like in the original) would narrow things down, but theyve switched it round, so you see 2050 sophie telling the stories to an anonymous son over the phone (like you never saw bob saget/future ted in the original)
Old 24 Jan 22, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

If it goes onto Disney I will def give it a go
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Coming to Disney+ in March apparently.

I’ve been watching, mainly because I loved HIMYM - not overly into it so far though. But I can spare it 20 minutes a week to see where it goes.