Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Sep 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
Wheelchair users and ECV users that go to the front of a VERY long line waiting to get on the bus back to the resort with 13 of their able bodied family.
They are a few irritations in a park that are exaggerated as I get hotter and more tired. ECV users are not one of these, as others have said I'm sure virtually all ECV users would prefer being able to walk. However what is the rational they get to jump a bus queue, am I missing an important point.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
I can assure you no one would use a mobility scooter in a place as busy as WDW unless they actually needed it. It is slow and can be dangerous and very difficult. Driving one in the busy parks is almost impossible because of how many people and obstacles are round.
This is a bit off topic but at Portaventura (not Disney) earlier this year we saw a father and his son (at least I assume they were father and son?) each on mobility scooters zooming around the park. They were going quite fast, especially downhill. They were even occasionally performing small donuts. They were idiots and their actions were quite dangerous. I didn't know those mobility scooters could build up such a speed.

Just to make it clear, I'm fully aware they were the exception and not the rule. The problem was not mobility scooter riders in general but those two people in particular.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
They are a few irritations in a park that are exaggerated as I get hotter and more tired. ECV users are not one of these, as others have said I'm sure virtually all ECV users would prefer being able to walk. However what is the rational they get to jump a bus queue, am I missing an important point.
I think it was the fact that 13 people with the ECV user got to jump the queue as well? Fair enough gripe to me - one or possibly two to assist the ECV user and the rest can join up with them having waited in the queue?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

The parks are starting to close earlier and earlier, less EMH too
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What I can't understand is why people with mobility scooters get to go to the front of the line while waiting for a bus? If you need a scooter I understand it is difficult but I am sure whatever is wrong it doesn't stop you from waiting in a queue for a bus - then what is even more annoying is the rest of the family who gets on the bus as well

See my thread "I don't like queue jumpers!"

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Edited at 07:22 PM.
Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by mollybogle View Post
They aren’t that slow, I saw a woman yesterday when we were on the boat to HS who was going faster than the boat. To be fair the boat is really slow 😂.
I could have been a bit clearer actually, sorry. The vehicles aren’t slow but being in a scooter or with someone in a scooter seriously slows you down. To just do the most simple things take so long. You have to find the accessible route, you have to find the ramps, when you want to go into an attraction 9/10 times you have to park up, transfer to a manual wheelchair, be pushed through the line, sometimes you’re lucky enough for there to be an accessible ride vehicle, but then you have to wait longer for that... and it goes on and on.

I’m not sure about the busses as we don’t use them. As far as I know, the less able people have to board first so there is time and space to manoeuvre the scooters / chairs. I agree the wheelchair or scooter users should only board the bus (first) if they would be boarding that particular bus anyway (if they were being boarded in order of the queue).

As for the two people racing in the scooters... there’s always one isn’t there 🙄

Edited at 09:45 PM. Reason: Spelling / grammar
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie76
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

I had to use an ECV on one trip, went to the bus stop and parked in the yellow square. Nobody else in the queue. By the time the bus arrived there was a full queue, driver hadn't spotted me and had loaded almost the bus full before realising. Had to manouvre onto an almost full bus which is very difficult trying not to hit legs! Very annoying since had I not needed the ECV we'd have been at the front of the queue!
So that's why ECV board first. And remember when you reach your destination and running to the park gates - that ECV is still on the bus as it can't get off until all the other passengers have gone!
I'm sure lots of people looked at me oddly too as I had full mobility - but due to illness could only walk for short distances before severe exhaustion set in.
Minnie76 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm quite laid back (oblivious, you might say), OH far more easily wound up by dafties in our general locale. However, that said... I get tetchy when in a queue and the person is too close and jostles you over and over. I take a little shuffle back in such cases.

See this link: imgur/a/I0K0a for the Finnish approach to queuing up. I approve of this and feel sorry for any poor Finns who visit Disney!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Today I was at Epcot. Drunk adults. I know it's food and wine but there were so many totally ≈≈≈≈≈≈ adults it was embarrassing. I didn't have kids with me but it just doesn't seem right at a Disney park.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Kids, mobility scooters, basically for people who are to lazy or fat to walk, kids in strollers who are too old to be in one, Disney ‘moms’ who are so loud and annoying, telling screaming little Brittany that mommy will buy her anything she wants if she stops crying, the people who go on a ride and talk/shout all the way and pay no attention to the ride, people (Americans) who ‘whoop’ and cheer for absolutely nothing. The person who sprints to get in line then has to wait for everyone else to catch up while holding everyone else up, the Spanish.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List