Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 18, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Amaya
Earning More Ears

As others have been remarking butter beer is American cream soda with butterscotch syrup added. To make the cream you will need a stainless steel whip cream canister, whole cream, butterscotch simple syrup ( can be bought or made), a can of cream soda, and co2 cartridges.

Let the cream soda go flat... carbonation is your enemy here.
Add 50 - 100 ml of flat cream soda to canister two pumps of butterscotch ( the equivilant of two ounces) add cream until the canister is half full. Seal them add c02 cartridge and shake... you will the have butter beer cream good for about 7 days give or take.

This can be done manually with a whisk if you want to forgo the c02 but it takes forever.

Recipe can be adjusted to suit your taste. I am not a big fan of sweet so less is more for me.
Oh and for the butterscotch I use coffee flavouring syrup. This can be made from scratch if you follow a recipe for simple syrup and add butterscotch flavouring.
Amaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
It will have been costed with a particular recipe and if they have everybody 'a bit extra' it would add up to 'a lot' extra.
It's a drink you order as it comes, not how you like it. It can't bother you that much if you still ordered it 3 times!
This!
I'm a Chef and our menu is costed out. If everyone asked for 'just a bit more' the profit wouldn't be made.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Hot butterbeer is currently on sale
Old 19 Oct 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

What is this? Sound like some unhealthy sugar concoction that costs pennies to make by the gallon? Sorry I have never seen a Harry Potter film or read a book, the ride under the castle is amazing though.
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
What is this? Sound like some unhealthy sugar concoction that costs pennies to make by the gallon? Sorry I have never seen a Harry Potter film or read a book, the ride under the castle is amazing though.
Its something the characters drink in the books/movies. So Universal made their own interpretation of it to sell. It's expensive but something worth doing once! And yes it is unhealthy and sugary. But fun if you are a fan of Harry Potter.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
This!
I'm a Chef and our menu is costed out. If everyone asked for 'just a bit more' the profit wouldn't be made.
Im sorry, but I disagree with that.

Im not disputing what you say being a chef, as I do understand a menu is probably costed out in your case and many others, but when you are Universal selling over 6000 of drinks a day and all im asking for is half an inch of extra foam on the top that probably costs pennies, then I cant see why that would ruin their profits.

If it was that much of a big deal to them, I would happily pay the extra but they still outright refuse.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post

Im not disputing what you say being a chef, as I do understand a menu is probably costed out in your case and many others, but when you are Universal selling over 6000 of drinks a day and all im asking for is half an inch of extra foam on the top that probably costs pennies, then I cant see why that would ruin their profits.

If it was that much of a big deal to them, I would happily pay the extra but they still outright refuse.
However you are wrong

EVERYTHING is costed out in the catering industry. An extra tomato, an extra dollop of cream, yes you are one person but do you think you are the only person to ask for something extra. Universal is a business they offer you a drink either you like it or you don’t. I love Maine lobster, maybe next time I’m in Narcoossee I could ask for an additional tail instead of fries after all it’s only pennies

I’m amazed on two counts, that this is an issue and I’m actually responding.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
However you are wrong

EVERYTHING is costed out in the catering industry. An extra tomato, an extra dollop of cream, yes you are one person but do you think you are the only person to ask for something extra. Universal is a business they offer you a drink either you like it or you don’t. I love Maine lobster, maybe next time I’m in Narcoossee I could ask for an additional tail instead of fries after all it’s only pennies

I’m amazed on two counts, that this is an issue and I’m actually responding.
It reminds me of when I worked in a cinema. People would ask for empty popcorn boxes or ice blast cups (to dispense sweets into or split larger popcorns) and got really shirty when we said no. To them its just a cardboard box, to us its costing money!

We didn't have a Ben and Jerries counter, but I know those that have them weigh out the portions as its such a tight margin.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post

However you look at it, receiving something extra isn't free. If all 6000+ drinks sold all wanted an extra top-up the costs would soon ramp up, even if only 1 portion costs pennies.

They can't make allowances just for the minority, they have to make it for all or not at all.

You've asked, they've said no, move on IMO. They're not obliged to keep you happy.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
minshus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
Am I the only one who cannot stand Butterbeer? Had to try it of course but it tasted to me like mega sweet Cream Soda. I could feel the enamel dissolving on my teeth as I took a few sips, then it got thrown away!
Yuk
My daughter, wife and l had it for the first time last Monday. All of us thought it was horrible, almost tasted as disgusting as LeFou’s brew at Gaston’s tavern.
minshus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List