Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Oct 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
However you are wrong

EVERYTHING is costed out in the catering industry. An extra tomato, an extra dollop of cream, yes you are one person but do you think you are the only person to ask for something extra. Universal is a business they offer you a drink either you like it or you don’t. I love Maine lobster, maybe next time I’m in Narcoossee I could ask for an additional tail instead of fries after all it’s only pennies

I’m amazed on two counts, that this is an issue and I’m actually responding.
Well if you carefully read that I was willing to pay extra, then whats the problem?

If it's that much of an issue to you, then don't bother responding if its too much trouble, im really not fussed.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The tills will be EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) in which case there will not be a button just for 'a bit extra froth on top'. The person serving you can't ring anything else into the till so you wouldn't be able to purchase the extra froth.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Well if you carefully read that I was willing to pay extra, then whats the problem?

If it's that much of an issue to you, then don't bother responding if its too much trouble, im really not fussed.
Oh dear, if this is your attitude towards comments then your other thread makes more sense

The upshot is, they don’t offer more of what you want for free or for more money so it’s a non entity really.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Party of 5 View Post
Not sure about the other two but you can buy small slices of the fudge in any of the sweet shops in Harry Potter world (both universal parks). I didn't think much of of it to be honest, but others on here like it.
we really didnt think the fudge tasted of much
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Trying to answer the original questions

It’s Universals prerogative not to offer offer ‘top up’s’ on the butterbeer irrespective of what anyone think’s. You pay for a pre determined measure and as long as that’s what you get then I cannot see an issue personally.

With regards to ordering a drink how we like it, I like my G&T with a heavy pour of gin but that’s doesn’t guarantee me it in a bar or restaurant, I have to accept this as a ‘normal’ measure without complaint.

Complaining to Universal about it is entirely up to you, only you can decide if it’s upset you enough to make an issue about it, for us it wouldn’t matter a jot. I’m away for a couple of weeks enjoying the parks, food, shopping, hotel, water parks, meeting new ‘friends’ etc. I’m unlikely to get too upset about one drink not being 100% to my liking.

Relax a bit and enjoy the good things instead of stressing about things that are irrelevant.

Other than the ‘rude’ nationals & the butterbeer, I’m sure the rest of the holiday was fabulous.
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Oh dear, if this is your attitude towards comments then your other thread makes more sense

The upshot is, they don’t offer more of what you want for free or for more money so it’s a non entity really.
I think you will find I learnt a lot from my trip this year as a whole and not just on holiday, so now ive decided to give what I get.

If someone wants to attack my thread, when all im asking is a general question and I get an attitude problem and members trying to be sarcastic/rude then im not going to sit back and take it im afraid.

Done being nice, give what you get is my attitude from now on.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Im sorry, but I disagree with that.

Im not disputing what you say being a chef, as I do understand a menu is probably costed out in your case and many others, but when you are Universal selling over 6000 of drinks a day and all im asking for is half an inch of extra foam on the top that probably costs pennies, then I cant see why that would ruin their profits.

If it was that much of a big deal to them, I would happily pay the extra but they still outright refuse.
and rightly so...firstly it is costed and those extra pennies mount up over time plus obviously the servers have been told not to fluctuate from the normal serving.

But as you've no issues with anyone giving pennies away how about everytime you buy something give the store or shop 10p extra and see how much you lose each year ..it's only pennies each time so shouldn't be an issue

Edited at 02:11 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
and rightly so...firstly it is costed and those extra pennies mount up over time plus obviously the servers have been told not to fluctuate from the normal serving.

But as you've no issues with anyone giving pennies away how about everytime you buy something give the store or shop 10p extra and see how much you lose each year ..it's only pennies each time so shouldn't be an issue
Are certain people on here just deluded or just not listening to me?

I said id happily pay the extra, but obviously some people aren't listening are they?

My goodness, that comment a previous poster put up about ''describing the uk'' and their attitude seems very true.

Talk about sarcasm and rudeness on holiday, next time Ill just come on here for some.
Old 21 Oct 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Are certain people on here just deluded or just not listening to me?

I said id happily pay the extra, but obviously some people aren't listening are they?

My goodness, that comment a previous poster put up about ''describing the uk'' and their attitude seems very true.

Talk about sarcasm and rudeness on holiday, next time Ill just come on here for some.
I think we can all hear you but it seems like you only want answers which tell you what you want to hear.

If you only want replies which agree with your point of view, don't ask the question. We're not all obliged to agree with you and just because we don't, it doesn't make us rude or sarcastic.

You're getting informative replies from people who have practical experience of mass catering, but you choose not to accept that they just might know what they're talking about.

And is a dollop of froth that important to you, really?

fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Seems there’s only one person being rude on here...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List