Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Serenity
Earning More Ears

Mobile Airsoft gun

Hiya, my son has bought an airsoft gun whilst here . Can anyone tell me if it needs to be placed in a hard case then placed in our suitcase. Have tried looking online but conflicting advice. Flying back with American Airlines . Thank you
Serenity is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you tried calling them?

I have a bad feeling that you might not be able to take it at all and would have to leave it behind.

Good luck.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sujester
Getting to know the DIBB

Hard, locked cases are needed for firearms, but for airsoft the TSA advice only says it has to be in checked luggage, tsa.gov/blog/2013/07/16/...g-airsoft-guns

But since the AA guidance includes bb guns under "firearms" I'd probably play safe and lock it and declare it. aa/i18n/travel-info/...ammunition.jsp Or phone AA for clarification?

How realistic looking is it? If it isn't two-tone then you might also have issues at the UK border. My boys brought 2 back from France, in the car boot, a few years ago and it was only when we got home I realised how realistic-looking they were .
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sujester View Post
Hard, locked cases are needed for firearms, but for airsoft the TSA advice only says it has to be in checked luggage, tsa.gov/blog/2013/07/16/...g-airsoft-guns

But since the AA guidance includes bb guns under "firearms" I'd probably play safe and lock it and declare it. aa/i18n/travel-info/...ammunition.jsp Or phone AA for clarification?
When we brought a BB gun back quite a few years ago we had a hard case with a combination lock and they asked us to put it in there. I can't remember all the details but I think we had to fill a form in and then go to customs in the UK to pick it up, but as I said this was quite a few years ago so things could have changed since then.

Edited at 04:22 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

We had a pack of brightly coloured plastic water pistols confiscated a few years ago at Orlando MCO. They were clearly toys, but we still got told to put them in the bin!
Billy Beatnik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We wanted to bring paint ball guns back years ago and found that it was illegal to bring them into the U.K. we got round it by taking them to pieces as we could bring parts thorough
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
hi I am a committee member of an airsoft club.

if has no "valid defence" and a member of ukara he is not allowed to own an airsoft gun unless it is two toned in colour.

ukara.uk/
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Hiya, my son has bought an airsoft gun whilst here . Can anyone tell me if it needs to be placed in a hard case then placed in our suitcase. Have tried looking online but conflicting advice. Flying back with American Airlines . Thank you
There’s 2 issues, i) getting it out of the US and ii) bringing it into the U.K.

From a quick google depending on the item itself and whether it looks realistic or clearly a toy you might face problems for both of the above.

Strange choice of purchase
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Strange choice of purchase
Each to their own...Perfectly reasonable if you'rte into that sort of thing.

A Newcastle shirt would be the strangest of purchases for me as a Wigan season ticket holder...but I guess it's almost mandatory for yourself
Old 15 Nov 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Each to their own...Perfectly reasonable if you'rte into that sort of thing.

A Newcastle shirt would be the strangest of purchases for me as a Wigan season ticket holder...but I guess it's almost mandatory for yourself
I was thinking more of a strange purchase to pick up from a country with controversial gun laws etc. and potential issues bringing it back home, rather than questioning the item itself.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List