Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 May 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Onboard booking for future cruises

We’re on a Disney staycation cruise in July, and I’m wondering if this would work:

We currently have a secret verandah room booked for a Bahamas cruise in April 2022. I booked it on release last autumn, and so far the prices have stayed the same. This means that a full verandah with 10% discount would actually cost less than our full price secret verandah room.

So, is there a way I can rebook the same cruise and get the discount? Would I have to cancel our current booking first? If so, how far in advance? If possible, I’d rather rebook the same room if it doesn’t get snapped up, as I was really pleased to get a secret verandah room. But if it does go to someone else, a full verandah would be lovely, and would still save us money (assuming prices don’t suddenly rise).

Is any of this possible, or is it frowned on to cancel a booking with the intention of using the discount to rebook it?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Morning. So yes in theory you can reshop your cruise and get the discount once onboard. The reason I say "in theory" is that you will be purchasing at the current rate which it looked like you've already checked. This means you may or may not find it the same price but also might mean that specific rooms aren't available etc.

They can sort out cancelling and rebooking for you assuming you aren't booked with a TA. Its definitely not frowned upon! You will need to go and see the cruise consultant I would guess as they would need the info to change everything but its definitely worth checking.
Old 25 May 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Morning. So yes in theory you can reshop your cruise and get the discount once onboard. The reason I say "in theory" is that you will be purchasing at the current rate which it looked like you've already checked. This means you may or may not find it the same price but also might mean that specific rooms aren't available etc.

They can sort out cancelling and rebooking for you assuming you aren't booked with a TA. Its definitely not frowned upon! You will need to go and see the cruise consultant I would guess as they would need the info to change everything but its definitely worth checking.
Thank you, that’s really helpful. I didn’t know if I would already have to have cancelled before the UK cruise, which would make it more likely that someone would snap up the secret verandah. I’d also have worried that prices would rise after I’d cancelled and I’d be stuck with paying more. If we can do it all in one go, that will be much better.

We booked direct with DCL, so that sounds easy to sort out too. Just got to hope prices don’t suddenly rise - I can see it happening now that cruising is slowly restarting, so I’ll wait and see what prices are like in July.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Thank you, that’s really helpful. I didn’t know if I would already have to have cancelled before the UK cruise, which would make it more likely that someone would snap up the secret verandah. I’d also have worried that prices would rise after I’d cancelled and I’d be stuck with paying more. If we can do it all in one go, that will be much better.

We booked direct with DCL, so that sounds easy to sort out too. Just got to hope prices don’t suddenly rise - I can see it happening now that cruising is slowly restarting, so I’ll wait and see what prices are like in July.
Yeah sounds like it should work fine. Just try and sort early on your staycation so you don't have to queue too much. People tend to leave these til the last day and then the desk is swamped on previous cruises. The earlier you sort it the less queuing.