Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Jun 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post

13 and half day itineary

Thanks for all the tips on rides for teenagers on the other thread I posted.

I'm now getting down to some serious planning!

This will probably be the last time we go to the Disney as my husband is not into it (hoping to convert him!) so I want to make the most of every moment. I have warned him that I will be doing a detailed plan and am aiming to have a breakdown of each day. He is much more of a "we'll see how it goes" type of person - but that ain't gonna work for this holiday!

I was planning to do a Water Park every other day but with the amount of days we have, it leaves us with only about 1 day in each park. That would also give us 5 days in Water Parks which is probably too many?

We are doing all the Disney Parks, Universal and Kennedy SC and want to do maybe half/one days shopping.

We may do half days at parks/half days at villa/evenings out etc.

We are in a villa at Reunion which is not too far out - about 20mins.

I have read a few trip reports which are massively helpful and interesting, but I have only just started the planning process so I'm looking for tips on a trip for this amount of days and good suggestions for an itinerary!

*I was thinking of having an early start on the 2nd day as we'll probably wake early - to try and get to AK for rope drop to get on FOP - this ride is a must - do for us all! Good idea? *

Would be very grateful for any thoughts from all of you much more experienced Disney fans!

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

There's an itineraries section of the forum, so this probably belongs in there.

Early start on the first day is a good idea. What you do on what day though, depends on when you're travelling, and may ultimately be determined by something as trivial as what parks you get.

I try to alternate theme parks and water parks to the extent there are never more than 2 'full on' days back to back. Kennedy Space Center usually goes on a weekend to reduce the number of weekend days at busy theme parks, and water park days are always weekdays.

As for the FoP idea I'm not sure to be honest, now that on-site guests get into AK an hour early every day, 'rope drop' is going to see you with a long queue regardless. Because so many people do this, the queues are longer at 9am than they are at, say, 3pm. Keep an eye on how the wait times are doing closer to your trip - I'm coming round to the idea of doing FoP towards the end of the day, as FP reservations are pretty much off-limits to you as off-site guests unless you're very lucky and your group size is small.
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the reply Ratmanscoop - I'm not sure I can move the thread, will try...

Yes, I'm beginning to realise we would of been better staying onsite in terms of fastpasses and extra hours (but that would have been a step too far for my crowd hating husband )….too late now - will just have to keep trying and see what comes up!

Good tip about doing Kennedy on a weekend - thank you!
Old 29 Jun 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

No worries, I'm no moderator, I'm sure one of them can move it for you - was just making you aware.

Also, staying on-site wasn't necessarily a recommendation, it's not something I've ever done as we don't ever focus specifically on one location and would rather not have to keep moving throughout the trip, there's enough travel as it is.
Old 30 Jun 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Start by looking at the busy day guide on this site and elsewhere. You need to pick the right days for each park.

Once you have those you can start organising attractions, fast passes and food.

Fit water parks around the main parks, e.g. slotting in a water park in the afternoon when you're hot and tired. Alternatively hit a water park first thing and get all the slides done in a few hours.

One day in each park is probably a bit rushed. You may have to rethink that once you start to see what attractions you really must do.

Keep asking questions as you progress through your plan.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Forkbeard.

As we can only book our FPs 30 days in advance, we might have to plan our days around which ones we can get!
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marsh33 View Post
Thank you Forkbeard.

As we can only book our FPs 30 days in advance, we might have to plan our days around which ones we can get!
You will get most at 30 days out, but you might have to take evening rides for the likes of 7DMT.

The problem attractions will be Flight of Passage, Na'vi River, 7DMT and Frozen at Epcot.

For FoP you might have to queue, or if you have a day without EMH at AK you might be able to rope-drop it?!?

EDIT: Forgot to mention Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Our itinerary has changed a few times over the last few days. Our first full day was going to be a quiet day. As I managed to bag FOP passes last night we are now going to AK for the evening!
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
You will get most at 30 days out, but you might have to take evening rides for the likes of 7DMT.

The problem attractions will be Flight of Passage, Na'vi River, 7DMT and Frozen at Epcot.

For FoP you might have to queue, or if you have a day without EMH at AK you might be able to rope-drop it?!?

EDIT: Forgot to mention Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers.
I think you are right - I've kind of accepted we may have to queue for FOP! However, we will try for rope drop or perhaps a later evening queue.

As we are going with 3 teenagers - ages 14/15/15 - I'm not sure if they will want to do 7DMT, frozen, slinky dog dash and alien swirling saucers (they are all adrenaline nuts! ) It would be good to cross a few off the list so I don't have stress about FPs for those too!

I will be standing by the laptop on 30 days FP day and I'm going to be refreshing constantly for a month - so fingers crossed for FOP and Navi!
Old 1 Jul 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Suzieb01 View Post
Our itinerary has changed a few times over the last few days. Our first full day was going to be a quiet day. As I managed to bag FOP passes last night we are now going to AK for the evening!
Great that you managed to get them Suzie! When do you go?