Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 5 Aug 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJim
Excited about Disney

Tigger48, you are not alone! My subs/missing items were atrocious this week, plus the delivery was an hour late. I’ve always raved about Ocado, how there’s hardly ever any subs and even more rare for missing items, but this week it was diabolical! Most missing items were Waitrose and they told me it wasn’t due to the fact they were changing to M&S, however, I’m not convinced!
JoJim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Our experience with Ocado throughout lockdown Especially has been generally good, always on time, the odd dissapointment (Like missing a standard loaf of bread with no substitution ?) but nothing major. I’m quite surprised to see how many people on Twitter have bad experiences.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Sorry OP but I’m with Mo&Chris, personally I’m gutted they’re ending their association with Waitrose. M&S is inferior and more expensive than Waitrose imho. I’ve been an Ocado reserved customer virtually since it was first a thing, but I fear for the future of our relationship lol. In fact I’ve got my first Waitrose click and collect order next weekend as a trial since this week’s Ocado reserved order was missing so many flipping Waitrose/other items!
I think they are actually looking at the prices to match Waitroses. I had a wuick browse today and although I am sure some stuff will be more expensive I was delighted to see that the m&s 500g salmon “only” will be £8 whilst the Waitrose one is 12 👍
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ooh, fantastic! I love a bit of M&S food, but my nearest is about an hour’s drive away. I’d be sorely tempted now to order even if it’s just once a month. Tesco May find they loose a bit of trade from me in September!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My delivery pass is £2.99 - I have no idea why they reduced it but I am not complaining! The partnership with M&S is going to make it very valuable
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearldaisy
I want to go now!

I’m also one of those who will definitely miss the Waitrose elements of the Ocado service. A good number of my regular orders over many years have been Waitrose products which recently have been increasingly unavailable. Presumably stocks have not been replenished as they have run down in anticipation of the changes. I don’t particularly dislike M&S products but as others have said I find them expensive and not nearly as good as they used to be. I shall continue with Ocado for a while to see how the whole transition pans out, but mostly because unfortunately where I live Waitrose do not offer a delivery service and the nearest store is about 25 miles away. Wish they’d left well alone!
Pearldaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

I assume Waitrose will be doing their own online deliveries, as this was flagged up over a year ago that Ocado were going with M&S and dropping Waitrose.
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Ncmurray Waitrose already have their own online presence offering delivery and click and collect slots.
I like M&S Colin caterpillar cake but not enough to stay with Ocado going forward unless their range massively expands and much more closely reflects all the Waitrose Essential products I’ve grown to love!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
I assume Waitrose will be doing their own online deliveries, as this was flagged up over a year ago that Ocado were going with M&S and dropping Waitrose.
Ocado deliver much further afield than Waitrose. So although Waitrose do deliver, some people won't be within their delivery area whereas they were for Waitrose under Ocado.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I'm a bit mixed as I do love M&S but do think some things are more expensive.
I've only managed to get an Ocado delivery slot recently so a bit gutted as do like Waitrose. We def wont be in a delivery area when Ocado stop.
I will carry on but wont buy as much I dont think as like M&S for weekend treats but find them expensive so some everyday things.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List