Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Mar 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 pre-trippie

We decided whilst in Vegas in 2012 that we would be back the next year , mostly for 2 reasons..

1) It costs us considerably less than Orlando and Daytona
2) We love Vegas ,it really is our favourite place.

So on our return we renewed our NASCAR tickets for Vegas and Phoenix.

Our plans we 2 nights in Vegas ,followed by 4 nights in Phoenix and 8nights back in Vegas.

I booked the Quality Inn Suites Goodyear (Phoenix) online knowing it sells out quickly race week.

Then began looking for Vegas.. i got a good quote from Funway for VA Flights and 8 nights in the New York hotel.. £50pp deposit rest payable 8 weeks prior to travel.. So sorted (maybe ! ).

I then came across a offer on here for Flamingo $45 per night for the first 2 nights (sorted again maybe ! ).

So that was pretty much sorted..

However i then came across a offer for Planet Hollywood $65 a night and knowing my DH had always wanted to stop there i cancelled the Flamingo and booked the Planet Hollywood.

Travelodge Gatwick i booked for £12 in the sale

Car parking i got for free with the Holiday Extra's price match glitch that was posted on the Dibb

Around Xmas time i spotted the VA sale...and realised with using some miles i could get flights for the 4 of us for £2050.. then i saw a offer on Lowcostusa for 8 nights Tropicana inc resort fee for £530... which was about £600 less than what i still had to pay Funway.. So we cancelled the Funway booking just losing the £50pp and booked flights with VA and the hotel with Lowcostusa.

That just left the car to sort out... I hunted around for ages then just 3 weeks before we went i looked on carrentals and found a Int SUV for £270 inc insurance but not the tank of fuel , so i booked that.

And that's pretty much it... i don't really do planning... although i had collected various vouchers/groupons over the last few months.

So onto who we all are.

Well me 39 (day after we arrive ) does all the booking,decision maker,loves to shop and NASCAR
DH 45 .. Pays for everything, leaves booking to me, very easy going ,loves NASCAR and will do anything to make sure we all have a good time.
DD 14 , Bar the odd teen strop is lovey, kind hearted, caring ,loves to shop not a massive fan of NASCAR.
DS 10 ,Easy going,sleeps alot, loves NASCAR, not a fan of shopping unless its for him !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Ooooh fab, you've started.

So what's the plan for next year then, as you normally go around your birthday and it is a rather special one?!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
No more birthdays i'm staying 39 forever ;-)

And well i have just today renewed my Vegas NASCAR tickets and i'm looking for hotels in Phoenix so i guess we are going back :-))))
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Been looking forward to this! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thankyou x
Old 19 Mar 13, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Brilliant you have started, look forward to reading all of them and picking up some tips along the way
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Yippee -you've started
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 13, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Ooooh fab, you've started.

So what's the plan for next year then, as you normally go around your birthday and it is a rather special one?!
And i have today just booked the hotel for Phoenix so i guess we are really going back :-)
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

This is the one trippie I'm looking forward to reading. Great price for PH. I have changed the Flamingo to Tropicana, hope this is a good move for us. x
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by vickyc651 View Post
This is the one trippie I'm looking forward to reading. Great price for PH. I have changed the Flamingo to Tropicana, hope this is a good move for us. x
Thankyou... i have stopped in both hotels twice now and i think you'll like the Tropicana..

The pool area is fab for the kids , and have wifi in the rooms (actually all over the hotel) is a bonus ..Have fun :-)