Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mot

Has anyone ever used kwik fit for an mot. Not sure I can go to my usual garage as its miles away. Service also due but will wait til I can get to the usual garage.

I have used this branch to change tyres before and they were good and didn't pressure me to buy... (was surprised)
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes John has they were fine. His Corsa passed 🥰 but all depends on the car I guess lol
Old 3 Dec 20, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Yes I used them in October for an MOT for first time ever and felt it was no different to usual independent garage I use. Very good service and can get deals on MOT prices if you book online too
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I wouldn't ever use kwikfit for anything as my experience and that of friends and family isn't positive. The last time I called them for 4 new tyres they were around £100 more expensive for exactly the same tyres than a local small independent tyre shop (Ruislip tyres).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

We have used them numerous times for MOTs and fully expected to be told they failed for them all to pass bar one time (and some of these were on my sons first cars which were fairly old), never had a problem with them but of course that is the branch local to me.
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I wouldn't ever use kwikfit for anything as my experience and that of friends and family isn't positive. The last time I called them for 4 new tyres they were around £100 more expensive for exactly the same tyres than a local small independent tyre shop (Ruislip tyres).
I used to have this view of kwikfit. The small independent I used to go to for tyres closed a few years ago) so had to go somewhere. But this branch were very helpful when I used them last year. And from the different places I called I did find them competitive. And they also didn't pressure me to buy which was good. I had a bulge on 1 tyre but 2 others we nearly at the point of no return (but I couldn't afford all 3) I went back and the offer had ended but the price matched for me... So as I can't take my car to my normal place (long story but I've always used a garage in my home town) so I'll save the service for there but will try for mot closer to home.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks to those who have replied. Seems I might just do that if I can't get to my usual place. 😊
Old 3 Dec 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

I used them twice this year (not MOT) having never previously used them. Both times fine. Two new tyres during the first lock down, used their mobile service where they came to my workplace and changed them in the carpark. The tyres same branded ones I have had previously and cost me about £10 more in total than some other local places however they came to me so worth it especially during the lockdown.

Second time was for a puncture, the tyre could be repaired so that's what they did (I excepted them to try and say needed a new tyre).
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, I use them all the time.

I have even used them for my Lotus Esprit.

They know that they are not going to get any work out of failing them unnecessarily so I feel they are fare.

If you book online you can book a particular timeslot and the cost for the MOT are cheaper later in the day
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Yes, I use them all the time.

I have even used them for my Lotus Esprit.

They know that they are not going to get any work out of failing them unnecessarily so I feel they are fare.

If you book online you can book a particular timeslot and the cost for the MOT are cheaper later in the day
Interesting, cheaper later in the day?