Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We really like GC for breakfast. Been to the one at the far end of the 192 near Sherbeth Road and the one much further down the 192. Both were perfectly fine. We like the huge choice and I like the unlimited drinks you can help yourself to. I know other restaurants have refillable drinks, but I prefer to just get my own when I want one. Not really sure what there is to dislike about GC really, it’s cheap and cheerful and fills you up - does what it says on the tin!

Edited to add that I have never actually been in the toilets at either location, so can’t comment on their cleanliness.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

We also like our visits to GC. We don’t go there as much as we used to as we find it not so such good value anymore. Generally we would go and fill up for breakfast for a long day in the parks. We also found that having a early tea on a quiet day is cheaper than normal dinner/tea time. Not sure of cut off time.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

The choice at GC is amazing and the kids love it.

I remember a plate of food my daughter had for breakfast... Strawberries covered in chocolate, thick slices of ham, pizza and a burger.

The epitome of the great American healthy breakfast!
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
The choice at GC is amazing and the kids love it.

I remember a plate of food my daughter had for breakfast... Strawberries covered in chocolate, thick slices of ham, pizza and a burger.

The epitome of the great American healthy breakfast!
ha ha I rest my case.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
They are not that great to be fair, for the same overall price a Dennys is better if you ask me.
The question is clearly about the Golden Corral
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I would avoid Golden Corral, I like dennys and love Waffle House
The question was not about what you like but the timings of Golden Corral
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Yes me too ! I would starve first before I stepped in a GC again. I don't even think it is that cheap.
That was not the question!
Old 28 Jun 19, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We hadn’t been in a Golden Corral for years but when GDs was here last week we took him the one in Winter Haven
He will be 3 next week and it was dinner he picked a bowl,of raw carrot broccoli prawns and ranch dressing to start
Main pizza 2 slices with corn on the cob
Then went back and had a selection of fruit and a cookie for dessert
He ate the lot
We both actually enjoyed what we had but it was way quieter than the 192 one ever was and there was a employee supervisions each station and the kids most definitely had to be accompanied to the stations
The couple sat by us couldn’t believe when Aaron was told only choose
What you will eat and ate the lot they were most impressed that nothing was left on his plate and that he was drinking Water
Haven’t a clue where the boy puts it all he’s built like a pin
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mckee74
Trying for More Ears

Flipping love Golden Corral.

Get breakfast, eat enough to skip lunch. Happy days.
mckee74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Another huge fan of GC, just returned & we found GC to be as good as ever. The choice is amazing, you can guarantee eggs & omelettes cooked right in front of you & I personally love the bbq beans!

We were paying $42 for 4 adults for breakfast & this saw us through to our evening meal. I cannot understand how someone cannot see the value in that. We went to the one near Sherbeth Rd & the toilets were fine...even if the music volume goes up so much it sounds like there's a band playing in Stall 2!

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List