Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PhilNUK View Post
I'm going to give them a call again after being moved to POFQ on Friday and getting told there are no preferred rooms left and only standard rooms... Which I fought for them to try and get me into a better room but no joy. I have since realised they haven't reduced the cost I paid for a preferred room at CBR...
I saw someone in the other thread was in the same situation and got a $200 gift card... So I am going to try and get the same.

In no rush to ring them today though. Don't want to impact on the time I have with my kids on a weekend to be sat listening to that on hold message
It does seem that different people are being told different things regarding change of resort.
Enjoy your Sunday & let us know what they say when you do ring ☺️
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Are they offering CSR? That is a buiding site as well.
Yes, dont go!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wish on a star View Post
Are they offering CSR? That is a buiding site as well.
Apparently so. I think they think if they offer you a few places it makes it sound better?

Has anyone got any contact information to complain. You know to anyone high up? I have looked online but cannot find much just email address. I want to write to as many people as possible to moan!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Is it 10am start today for all those phoning up?
Yes 10-4pm today ☺️
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Barley-Bobs View Post
Don't know if this is of any help, it was posted in one of the Facebook groups:

THE OFFICIAL REFURBISHMENT POST - This is easier for me to use than a group file, because I can search for it and so can everyone else. Sometimes on a mobile device, files don't all show up. So, here we go. ***What is official? The only things right at this moment that are official from Walt Disney World are: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will be reimagined with new additions to the resort's current marketplace, Centertown, including new waterfront dining and retail shopping areas (i.e. food court, restaurant and gift shop). This centralized location will offer the resort's guests more convenient access to services, amenities and dining. THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW. Per the email, in a nutshell, you will notice construction work. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be CLOSED for refurbishment. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ***This is starting May 1st. There is no official completion date. However, I am guessing this will take 3-4 months. So, that puts us into August and September. ANYONE STAYING PAST AUGUST may not get an email because they are probably expecting it to be done by then. ***There were previous emails about Trinidad South's pool being closed through 3/16/17. However, we have no confirmation that the pool ever closed. I asked someone last week and they said it was not closed. I don't know if the RUMORED food service location was put on hold because of all the other stuff or not. We need someone going soon to let us know. ***Now, let's talk about the UNOFFICIAL stuff. In January, permits were filed to build a multi-story tower at CBR. THIS HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED BY DISNEY. So, if you are booked for fall and you are seeing this information, THIS is why Disney will not confirm. They will ONLY confirm the refurb coming in May. This is a RUMORED Disney Vacation Club resort expansion. We shall see if that sticks when it is announced. This may not be announced until July at the D23 Expo. The permits go through 2019, similar to the project at CSR. RUMORS are the new building will be in the Barbados section. RUMORS are that all the Barbados buildings will be torn down, and perhaps some of the Martinique buildings. So, there you have it. This is what we know and the rumors that we have heard.
Thanks Barleybobs ☺️
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kylespudhughes View Post
Apparently so. I think they think if they offer you a few places it makes it sound better?

Has anyone got any contact information to complain. You know to anyone high up? I have looked online but cannot find much just email address. I want to write to as many people as possible to moan!
I don't know of any other contacts to write to.
Which e-mail address have you got - this one?
guest services email: guest.services@disneyworld.com
☺️
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Good luck today guys, hope you get something sorted
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
OMG, is this part 3 or 4? I've lost count. Anyone gearing up to phone Disney this morning? I'm not good with pictures, but surely somewhere there's one of a skeleton holding a phone? Papamouse, your mission, if you choose to accept it...
Lets hope WDWs Mission of Self Destitution will end in 3...2... 1...

Actually I do have to call them - wheres the gin...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pink-bubble
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kylespudhughes View Post

There you go

Robert Iger
robert.a.iger@disney.com

Bob Chapek
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Robert.Chapek@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations in United States and France
818-560-7401
meg.crofton@disney.com

George Kalogridis
President of Walt Disney World
407-828-2600
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Jim MacPhee
Senior Vice President of Next Generation Experiences and Walt Disney World Parks
407-560-2960
james.d.macphee@disney.com
pink-bubble is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
What's everyone doing today? We collectively spent 7 hours on the phone yesterday to be told POR or $25 and I've done both PO so asked for another mod and was told no.
Then I see people being moved everywhere! SSR is no good for us as I have two kids, 1 who's 12 and won't do a sofa bed with his sister.
We are actually two bookings - a total of 4 adults, 2 children. Do we have any other options? Decided to defo go for a move as the stress just isn't worth it.
If it's PO or $25 we are going to cancel and get a villa I think.
a "friend" got ssr yesterday...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread