Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations. Ask your gp or midwife for advice. They probably have years of experience.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations!
We went to California Inc Disneyland when I was about 24 weeks... And we've now got another passenger as I'll be 18 weeks when we go back to Orlando!

Obviously depends how your pregnancy goes and how you're feeling, but generally just take it slow, eat and drink lots. There are some rides you sadly can't do (more at Universal than Disney) but still loads to enjoy!

Slowing down and managing expectations is good practice for your life to come...!
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Not read all the replies but I was about three and a half months pregnant the first time I went to Florida. My main problems were dealing with the heat and queuing as when I stood still I felt very light headed. I just used to sit down in the queues and shuffle along I didn't care what anyone thought. We still got plenty done. Obviously take it slowly and stay hydrated. Congratulations what an exciting time for you.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

No tips but congrats!
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Congratulations

As others have said, take every day as it comes.

When I was 15 weeks pregnant with my youngest I still went sking. When I got back the hospital said they were trying to reach me on the phone and when I told them what I had been doing, they were surprised

Enjoy your Holiday, remember if you aren't feeling well you can go to Walgreens and they will advise you what you can take and what you can't take. Remember to tell your insurance company. Have a brilliant time.

Lesley and Melvin
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

As well as ginger biscuits, ginger beer(non alcoholic of course) is good for morning sickness, and flat coke.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle x
Very Serious Dibber

Belle x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Huge Congratulations!
On our last trip in October 2018 I was around 10 weeks pregnant (we have an 8 week old baby boy now ).

I found I was extremely tired in the first trimester - If I woke up and felt exhausted, I went back to sleep for a few hours whilst my family carried on with our plans. We did HHN whilst there & I couldn’t hack the late nights so only managed a few hours each time we went.
I did have morning sickness & cereal was my go to to stop it (different for everyone though I think). I packed a box of Cheerios in my case in case of a sickness emergency haha.

Just listen to your body; rest when needed & drink plenty of water.
I still had a fantastic holiday even though I was restricted on what I could do.

Enjoy!

Next Trip - Pop & Endless Summer - August 2024
Belle x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Huge congratulations to you both!

I didn't travel abroad when pregnant but just generally beginning of pregnancy was the sickness and heartburn for me so i would pack some gaviscon just in case as it really helped and make sure you drink plenty of fluids! I found fresh fruit like melon personally helped with the sickness. You may feel a bit more tired than normal so try and squeeze in a nap or half an hour in the shade to keep your energy up if you can. definitely arrange a GP visit as they will give you the best advice but enjoy every moment! Congratulations again 😊
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

A regimented tightly scheduled visit is not going to happen. Be flexible... not yoga, although that might help, I'm talking plans!
As you have no idea what state you'll be in, you need to be prepared to chop and change as required to get the value from your tickets.

Mrs Thorpy was 23 weeks when we went...we came home with a NASA babygrow.
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Travel bands on your wrists are good for sickness/morning sickness
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List