Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Like others have said, take care in the heat, keep hydrated and be prepared for feeling extra tired so maybe plan more rest into your day. Ginger biscuits can help with morning sickness or Holland and Barrett do some chews (ginger chews) they help some people too. As for your cruise you might have to let them know about your happy news. I was 19 weeks when going on a royal Caribbean cruise and they wanted a letter from my dr stating it was safe to travel, think it’s because of potential time delays in getting an ill pregnant lady to a medical facility if something was to happen. I had to email it to them before we travelled. Have w wonderful time
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations!

I was just around 12 weeks pregnant with my first child when we flew to Mexico. I asked one of the cabin crew if there was an opportunity to move to an empty row and they offered DH and I a middle row of 4 to ourselves. It was great to be able to stretch out a bit. Worth asking maybe.

The first trimester can be the hardest with tiredness, nausea etc but hopefully you'll be coming to the end of that and should have energy for your holiday and that lovely pregnancy glow
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

No tips for Florida when pregnant, but when I was in my first trimester I suffered a little, in that I just felt sick but wasn't actually sick. I found the travel wristbands were really good, especially in the car and when we flew to Hamburg when I was 12 weeks.

I also give another vote to ginger biscuits, as well as ginger ale (I don't like ginger beer.) You can also get ginger tea but again I didn't like it. They are are really good stomach settler if you're suffering.

Towards the end of my pregnancy I was taking Rennie's like they were going out to fashion, I had terrible acid and heartburn.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

Congratulations!

I found out I was pregnant whilst in Florida back in May...it was a shock but explained why I wasn’t loving the dining plan as much as I have before!

At 11 weeks anything you’re feeling should hopefully start to subside. I would say to take it steady, nap when you feel it’s needed and enjoy it! Xx
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you all so much for your Congratulations and advice.

Travel insurance company were fine.

Ginger biscuits, flight socks, wrist bands and a few other bits are on my shopping list now.

The puppy and I were suffering with the heat a bit as it hit 38 here in Essex today. Thank the lord for portable air conditioning!

I'm feeling really excited for our holidays and the baby. Don't want to jinx anything but I'm so happy and content right now.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I hate ginger biscuits so I found oatcakes helped, or digestives/ rich tea. I wasn’t bad with morning sickness though. Definitely take it easy while there as you will still be prone to tiredness at that stage (still in first trimester)

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to jump in on the Fjords cruise, we have one booked for the first week in Sept and I will be 13 weeks at the time. I've already spoken to the midwife about it and she said it's absolutley fine.

The only thing I'm worried about really is managing sea sickness- I do get it sometimes on cruises and I can't take my usual tablets! I started off using ginger when I was feeling quesy but after a few weeks I can't touch the stuff. Normally love it too! So I ordered some 'preggy pop' sweets online and I'm hoping they will help instead.

I plan to take it very easy in port. Normally I do loads but the Fjords are a good place to play it by ear anyway, as you want to see what the weather is like before commiting to expensive excursions.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratuations. Rest when you need to and keep some ginger biscuits in your park bag. Stay hydrated too. Enjoy your trip.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List