Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Am I mad to consider this

Going to USA for 2 weeks in the autumn, am I mad to think that I might just take a cabin suitcase?

Has anyone else done this? 😊
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Depends if you had access to washing facilities or even if you wanted to do washing on holiday. I don't think you could do it without, I certainly couldn't.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

i took a large suitcase that only weighed 11kgs out and 13kgs back, just for a week but i am sure that i could manage with 10kg if i packed carefully as i have a washing machine in the apartment.
It all depends on whether you feel you wont buy anything and if you are happy with wearing the same clothes over the holiday - no different to home i expect.
Old 22 Jul 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure it could be done with some ruthless packing but I would never be able to do it, I’m hopeless when it comes to traveling light
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I did 3 weeks in Canada with snow in the Rockies and 28C in Toronto in 9kg once so I don’t see why not
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
It depends who you fly with, United Airlines don’t put a weight limit on cabin bags so as long as your bag fits in the size limits and you can lift it into the overhead locker yourself, you can take more than 10kg.
I think BA’s cabin bag limit is 23kg as well (that’s for each of your cabin bag and additional item e.g. handbag or laptop!).

Edited at 04:10 PM.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I did 2 weeks inMyanmar with hand luggage only so yeah, it’s doable. Tbh it’s not the clothes ,it’s the toiletries and cameras, iPads etc and shoes that take up the room. I only took the shoes I was wearing to save space (so none packed) really pared back the toiletries and bought travel sized and it was fine. (We had a lot of internal flights and just couldn’t risk losing a bag). Generally I find that I want enough tops for every day but bottoms I am happy to multi wear (with clean undies of course) so I didn’t need to do any washing either. It’s all in the planning!
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkyoshi View Post
Going to USA for 2 weeks in the autumn, am I mad to think that I might just take a cabin suitcase?

Has anyone else done this? 😊
Bet we could have done this had we known what a villa was like. Would say yes if you have a villa
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I go skiing for a week with cabin luggage only, so I'd say yes.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Go for it!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List