Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Upgrading Tickets

Ok we are thinking of going to DLP at Christmas staying off site so just buying standard tickets maybe 4 day ones can i upgrade this at the end of my stay to an annual pass have never been to DLP before and never upgraded so all new to me ?
2018 ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i'm struggling to see the logic of buying 4-day park tickets when you could just buy an annual pass on your first day at DLP? What would the advantage be to buying a 4-day park ticket first? If you buy/have your annual pass as soon as you get there, you can use it for food and shopping discounts straightaway.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
i'm struggling to see the logic of buying 4-day park tickets when you could just buy an annual pass on your first day at DLP? What would the advantage be to buying a 4-day park ticket first? If you buy/have your annual pass as soon as you get there, you can use it for food and shopping discounts straightaway.
I would but the pass doesn't cover the Christmas period
missybpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by missybpink View Post
I would but the pass doesn't cover the Christmas period
so is it cheaper to buy a whole 4-day park ticket and then an annual pass because of your dates? Bearing in mind you'd only get one day's discount (if you haven't used the last day of your park ticket) against the cost of the annual pass?

I'm not even sure thats the way it works with DLP annual passes to be honest, I've not been in the situation you find yourself in.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Really i have no idea what i wanted to do lol, we want to go maybe 22nd to 29th Dec which according to online the only annual pass to cover those date are the 399 euros each (i need 3) which isn't worth it as we are flexible for the rest of the year so a cheaper pass is fine, i am disabled so not sure if there is a different pass available, just wanting a bit of help and advice as to what is the best thing to do.
Old 6 May 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

it looks like all but the Infinity pass are blocked from use for just about all of your trip dates (22nd to 29th December) so if you wanted the Discovery AP I'd just buy that the next time I'm planning on going, and not bother with the AP at all in December (as you won't be able to use it).

dlpguide/calendar/ann...ort-blockouts/

I guess it depends also which one of the 4 APs you were thinking of buying.
Old 7 May 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
missybpink
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for your help Sammy, Managed to get it all sorted and just booked a package deal just changed my days to 6 20th to 26th so i got the 2 days free offer worked out a lot better.