Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Is anyone else still waiting to book August flights? I am losing my nerve but the Hopper app is still telling me to wait! I am going via Austin to visit my brother on the way out and annoyingly that flight has now gone up slightly, but the MCO to LON on the return is still much more expensive than I was expecting. Current total including luggage is £3600 for 2ad 2ch. I want direct and only MCO, so most posted on this thread haven't been suitable for us.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We were originally going to fly into Austin and out of Orlando and the Norwegian flights came up with a decent price. We also toyed with flying into Houston instead of Austin and driving to Austin as it priced better.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Thanks Duchy - I'm pretty sure we will end up with Norwegian, just hoped to pay a bit less. Looks like you are going a bit later than us though - I went for the last two weeks of August on the advice of TheDibb but the flight prices seem to be really high for my dates (16th to 30th at Disney).
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Not a glitch but for anyone looking for a midlands flight we've booked virgin flights indirect from Birmingham via Glasgow. We leave on a Thursday evening land in Glasgow and fly out to MCO the next morning and the return is a 2 hour layover in Glasgow. Booking flights alone was around £2300 for 3 of us which is cheap for school holidays from Birmingham this is leaving on the 9th August returning 24th August however we did a package with Expedia with the Avanti for 14 nights and an SUV for £3300. I'm pleased with this price for virgin flights and more importantly I've booked Dibber's row in the bubble which we loved last time.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was looking at the end of August as we were going to get married out there but changed our plans as it was getting too complicated and I found Houston overall came out better with BA using last year's fares.
Don't forget if something better comes up for different dates Disney will change your booking.

Edited at 12:20 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I am looking for one for my husband I have reward seat booked on the outward leg but there are none showing for the return, so I am also looking for a full flight, the prices do seem to be a bit less this week, but I am holding my nerve as it is just the one seat.
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We're still on the hunt. Ideally we want the end of July until approx 12th August ( we have to be crack for 16th for a level results)

Best we have seen is Man Mia for £466 but the flight doesn't get to Miami until 22.47 and although we would just check into an airport hotel, it feels like such a waste of a days holiday. Plus it feels expensive after only paying £312 into MCO last year!

It's not just flights that are more expensive, the RPR club for 8-12 Aug is over £300 more than we paid last year.

I need to be able to show my DH that this years holiday will only be slightly dearer than last year. It's currently pricing up as £1500 dearer and that doesn't include park tickets as we have universal annual passes.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
We're still on the hunt. Ideally we want the end of July until approx 12th August ( we have to be crack for 16th for a level results)

Best we have seen is Man Mia for £466 but the flight doesn't get to Miami until 22.47 and although we would just check into an airport hotel, it feels like such a waste of a days holiday. Plus it feels expensive after only paying £312 into MCO last year!

It's not just flights that are more expensive, the RPR club for 8-12 Aug is over £300 more than we paid last year.

I need to be able to show my DH that this years holiday will only be slightly dearer than last year. It's currently pricing up as £1500 dearer and that doesn't include park tickets as we have universal annual passes.
Those are dates we have we Finair/aa I think it worked out at 1850.00
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
livvipivvi
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post

I’m hearing so often about Everything being more expensive this year. Being a newbie, I’m thinking that this was the worst year to book 🙄. I’m also looking at a few nights in one of the Universal hotels, but have been holding off booking because they are just so expensive! 😳 I’d like to book HRH, but it may have to be RPR (not sure if one is better than the other) but that’s stretching it too 😕. How much did you pay last year?
livvipivvi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

I think exchange rate probably has to do with it, if fingers crossed it continues to rise then hopefully prices will be a bit better
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List