Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Not the US, but others have been sailing, not just MSC in Europe though they may have had the least restrictions. Royal were cruising out of Singapore and I know they implemented further restrictions onboard when they went into another lockdown but still managed to keep sailing.

Yes, I think the cruise lines may have planned originally to use the UK sailings as guinea pigs to test protocols but I think the US will now steam past us as so many ships are due to begin very soon.

I think DCL were the last to arrange their UK sailings at a time when there was no sign of US cruising resuming so they jumped on the bandwagon after seeing that there was the demand there and the ship could otherwise be out of service.

Disney are very careful with their reputation but they are still in it to make money, you’ve just got to look at what’s going on with the resorts to see that they’re not frightened of upsetting some people as they know there are plenty that’ll pay up.

I’d be surprised if they lift many more restrictions than they have already, purely because a lot of people will have booked because of the restrictions not in spite of them. Most sailings aren’t sold out so maybe there’s not as much demand as they thought, not just DCL but all the cruise lines have lots of sailings available.

The cruise lines that are sailing in the Caribbean and US are still making changes regarding vaccinations, masks, onboard restrictions regardless of what they said the protocols would be when the sailings were announced.

MSC have just changed their UK sailings to vaccinated only which can’t have gone down well with those booked who aren’t vaccinated.

Personally I’ll be glad when all of this is a distant memory and holidays and cruising is back to normal.
MSC have only changed their policy until the 19th July though, totally leaving passengers in the lurch after that and not knowing if they're coming or going. The way they've handled things in general hasn't been great, first with the way they handled the scheduled port stops and embarkation in Scotland, then kicking people off as they'd booked over 1000, and now the sudden change in vaccination policy for the next few cruises. I'm definitely glad we did our MSC cruise early on!

I was aware of the cruises from Singapore, the way you worded it made me think that there had been cruises going from America since last year, so I thought I'd missed something!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
MSC have only changed their policy until the 19th July though, totally leaving passengers in the lurch after that and not knowing if they're coming or going. The way they've handled things in general hasn't been great, first with the way they handled the scheduled port stops and embarkation in Scotland, then kicking people off as they'd booked over 1000, and now the sudden change in vaccination policy for the next few cruises. I'm definitely glad we did our MSC cruise early on!

I was aware of the cruises from Singapore, the way you worded it made me think that there had been cruises going from America since last year, so I thought I'd missed something!
I was all set to book MSC and then the pull of Disney won. I am quite relieved. Although there’s no saying Disney will be perfect I feel more confident about it
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Yes MSC have made a mess of things haven’t they.

I don’t think they ever intended to change to vaccinated but as they’d heavily overbooked it was they only way they could get approval to move to 50% and also was an easy way to choose who to offload.

They’re not the only ones to overbook though, DCL also did and I think I saw Princess too.

I do feel a little sorry for them all though, they’re trying to restart their businesses but it appears there hasn’t been the best guidance available. Maybe if the government had stipulated their requirements
much like cdc did then it would have been easier for them. As it is all the lines are doing something different, children no children, PCR no PCR, b2b allowed or not, masks inside or outside, specific insurance requirements or not. Talk about making it difficult for passengers to figure things out.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I do feel a little sorry for them all though, they’re trying to restart their businesses but it appears there hasn’t been the best guidance available. Maybe if the government had stipulated their requirements
much like cdc did then it would have been easier for them. As it is all the lines are doing something different, children no children, PCR no PCR, b2b allowed or not, masks inside or outside, specific insurance requirements or not. Talk about making it difficult for passengers to figure things out.
This is why I think that anyone thinking restrictions will all be lifted on these cruises after 19th July is kidding themselves. They have to be so so careful as having to stop again would be devastating. There are only actually two lots of rules going on:
  • Everyone must be vaccinated (making it no children) or PCR tests for those unvaccinated (either with or without the first type)
  • Masks required indoors only or required everywhere

The other rules are all based around these. For example the insurance is based on whether its a fully vaccinated ship or not as is the B2B (although I think all lines are now allowing this up to 7 days).
Old 6 Jul 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
This is why I think that anyone thinking restrictions will all be lifted on these cruises after 19th July is kidding themselves. They have to be so so careful as having to stop again would be devastating. There are only actually two lots of rules going on:
  • Everyone must be vaccinated (making it no children) or PCR tests for those unvaccinated (either with or without the first type)
  • Masks required indoors only or required everywhere

The other rules are all based around these. For example the insurance is based on whether its a fully vaccinated ship or not as is the B2B (although I think all lines are now allowing this up to 7 days).
Absolutely. The rules after the 19th don't apply to cruises as far as I know, and if they do it would be down to Disney as a private company.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Just been reading on the FB group as the test cruises start today that the LFT at the port is nasal only & that Cabanas is open! Great news so far!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
From Disney...

Guests can reserve their complimentary activities 30 days from their sail date, this includes selecting an arrival time to be seated at Disney Dreams show inside the Walt Disney Theater.

To promote physical distancing, each sailing will offer one West-End-style live show performed multiple times including some matinees (on selected sailings) with reduced capacity.

We can confirm that there is availability on all sailings, and all Guests will be able to catch a show outside their allocated dinner sitting.

Please note that arrival times are staggered to promote physical distancing. Guests will be asked to choose their arrival time from a dropdown menu. Guests should choose a show time that does not conflict with the time they’re scheduled to attend dinner.

If Guests are assigned to the Main (First) Seating at 5:45-6:15 PM, please reserve an arrival time for the 8:45 PM show; if you are assigned to the Second Seating at 8:00-8:30 PM, please reserve an arrival time for the 5:45 PM show. For select sailings we have also added a matinee option.

Reservations can be made online or through the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning 30 days and up to two days prior to the date you set sail. While we do not recommend you wait, remaining reservation times can be booked on the ship through the app (pending availability).
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDavid
Earning More Ears

Hi
Anyone know if Disney will be sending out luggage tags and if we can drop our luggage early so we can have alook around the port?
DisneyDavid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

The departure of the Magic from Southampton is now live on YouTube. Solent ships is the channel I think.
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
D23er
Trying for More Ears

Currently tracking her movements using marine traffic marinetraffic/en/ais...:368873/zoom:9
D23er is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List