Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Apr 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

The Greatest Place in the World (not WDW) Day 12 Animals, Rides & Seasoned Fries

I awoke at 5 but went back to sleep until the alarm went off at 7.30. We were on our way to Busch Gardens by 8.40 and it only took an hour to get there. Again Matt didn’t want to come with us and stayed back in the villa. Darren and Alix rode all of the coasters, some twice and they enjoyed seeing the animals in Edge of Africa from the cable cars.

I started my day with Myombe Reserve, the chimps weren’t out yet but the keepers were putting lettuces out for them. The gorillas were up and about though and I spent a wonderful half hour watching the baby gorillas interacting with their mothers.

The train was at Nairobi station so I jumped on but had a bit of a wait and I ended up wishing I’d walked. It was great to see the giraffes, zebras and rhinos on the Serengeti plain.

I got off at Stanleyville and walked to Jungala to see the tigers and orangutans.

I bumped into Darren and Alix and we agreed that we would meet up after I had watched the circus show at the Stanleyville Theatre. I was sure the entertainment guide said 20 minutes but it lasted 45. Apart from worrying about Darren and Alix waiting for me I really enjoyed the show. I would have left but I was in the middle of row and couldn’t leave without disrupting everyone. The hula hooping was particularly impressive.

When I met an unimpressed Darren and Alix we headed to the log flume. It was the 1st time I had been on this and it was really good. We got wet but not soaked but we did wear ponchos. Alix had bought 10 ponchos before we came, which were 50p each so that we could wear them and dump them. The day was overcast all day which was perfect for park touring. We enjoyed the scenery as we exited.

We finished our trip by checking out the shops and Alix bought a pair of white tigers and I bought a mug with white tigers on, which I now use every day.

We called at Denny’s for lunch and I tried the seasoned fries that Alix had been raving about. They went really nice with a mushroom omelette and Alix is still raving about them to this day. On the way out she won a teddy on the grabber machine so was very happy. We arrived home for 3.00 and spent the rest of the day with Matt in the pool. To make the evening even better the clouds cleared at 6.30 and the sun made an appearance for an hour.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List