Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jan 15, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

It’s my Birthday Aug/Sep 14 - Day 3 – Magic Kingdom

Day 3 – 29th August – Magic Kingdom – Rain, rain go away!

Today's plan was to make rope drop at MK, the alarm went off and we showered and got ready. In theory we had loads of time but as usual we flaffed around and ended up leaving late

We parked up and was on the tram just as the show started Oh well, there is always next time right?!

As we no longer had to rush we got the ferry over. It was a beautiful day, with not a single cloud in the sky.

One day we'll stay here!

We were through the turnstiles and walking right down the middle of Main Street just after 9.15am. Our first fast pass wasn’t until 11 and I had just one thing on my mind for breakfast! We headed over to the new Fantasyland area to Gaston’s Tavern. The theming of this area is amazing.

We ordered 2 Cinnamon Rolls ($8.38), hot chocolate for Cameron ($2.29) and LeFou’s Brew for me ($4.49). We paid and sat to the side where the dart board is. The rolls were heaven! Definitely wished I had one this morning for breakfast lol.

Literally drooling right now!

After a sugar filled breakfast we walked around to Journey of The Little Mermaid. The line said it was a 20 minute standby queue but we walked straight on the ride. This is such a cute ride but pretty impossible to get decent photos!

After we walked to Storybook Circus and I actually managed to convince Cameron to do a Character Meet and Greet! We went with Minnie and Daisy as there was only one other person in line, as it was so quiet we had quite a long meet and some great character interaction. Daisy was smitten with Cameron and kept getting all shy!

Unfortunately, none of the photos appeared on our memory maker and I didn't notice until after we got home Luckily it was the only photos we were missing of the whole holiday.

I wanted to see the new queue area of Dumbo but Cameron was refusing as it was a “kids” ride… despite just meeting Minnie and Daisy. I managed to drag him on in the end but he wasn't very impressed! Especially when I kept taking photos

It was now time for our first fast pass, Big Thunder Mountain. So we headed over to Frontier Land and after 5 minutes we were on! Love this ride I always get confused as to which one is which with the one in Paris (we like the one in Paris just a teeny bit more) but have some really fond memories of the one in WDW over the years.

It was turning out to be another scorcher of a day! We stopped and got some Frozen Strawberry Lemonade (Delish!) and sat near POTC to people watch.

After enjoying our lemonade (and fighting over the last bit) we headed to POTC and walked straight on. Definitely love the Jack Sparrow addition to the ride (swoon!).

We had some time to kill before our Splash Mountain fastpass (definitely needed a soaking by this point!) so we headed over to the Jungle Cruise which had a 15 minute stand by queue. I don’t think we’ve ever queued for this before?! We were boarding our boat just after 10 minutes and enjoyed the chilled, but cheesy ride.

After our cruise around the jungle it was finally time for our Splash Mountain fast pass, definitely my favourite mountain!

We got sat behind two rather annoying girls however who spent the entire ride taking selfies on their phones with the horrible retina burning flash on

The only point in the ride they didn't have their phones out!

My bad mood soon disappeared when I realised it was time for our lunch ADR at Be Our Guest! I did feel sorry for everybody being turned away from the queue without an ADR but I was so excited that we would be going in.

The attention to detail is out of this world, I think I took a hundred photos! We checked in and confirmed our lunch orders and was then given a buzzer and told to sit anywhere! We were both convinced we wouldn’t be seeing our lunch…

We settled on the West Wing because it was dark and cozy and after 5 minutes our lunch was served.

Cameron went for the roast beef sandwich and strawberry cupcake.

And I went for the turkey and master's cupcake (I just wanted to try the grey stuff… and yup I can confirm it’s delicious).

Both were delicious. Cameron said it was the best sandwich ever (well besides from the Earl of course ).

We had already paid the bill when we checked in ($38.34) so we sat and soaked up the atmosphere for a bit, both incredibly impressed with BOG.

After we headed to Mickey’s Phillarmagic (a first for us) which was showing a 5 minute wait. We must have just missed a show as we walked into an empty room and was standing right by the doors. 5 minutes turned into 10 and then 10 into 15… my feet were really starting to ache

Finally the doors opened and my feet were treated to a blissful rest. I loved this show, I can’t believe I haven’t done it before!

We came out to grey clouds and light rain, there hadn’t been a single cloud in the sky all day! It’s crazy how quickly the weather changes…

It was around 2.30 so we decided to go stalk a spot for the parade at 3. We made it to the Hall of Presidents (My preferential parade spot is opposite the Liberty Tree) just as the heavens opened. We took cover by the entrance (and kept getting blasted by icy cold air con… not good when you’re soaked!) and waited to see whether it would ease up.

After 20 minutes of downpour it started to ease off and we headed for our spot opposite the Liberty Tree. It was then announced that the parade was cancelled and the rainy day parade would be on instead (I had no idea what the rainy day parade was but I was so disappointed it wasn’t Festival of Fantasy Parade ).

The Rainy Day Parade consisted of 3 vehicles full of characters and was over in 5 minutes!

WifeyB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 15, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

Continued

It was now time for our Seven Dwarfs Mine Train fastpass. We were both really looking forward to this as we heard lots of good things (plus the queue had been over 50 minutes all day!). We walked through the fast pass entrance and Cameron was given the red ticket (he was very excited )

We didn’t get to see any of the queue as the fastpass line takes to you pretty much straight to the loading bays. After about 5 minutes we was taking our seats.

The ride was cute but over very quickly! We both agreed we would have been really upset if we queued for an hour to ride. Also, the rocking motion is very slight and neither of us really noticed it.

It was coming up to 3.30 and the rain came back with a vengeance. We decided to leave and head back to AoA and then go to Target to change the memory card we bought the day before (it was the wrong one) plus I had an order to pick up from Walmart.

We headed back to the Target on the 192 and swapped the card no problem however the Sat Nav did not want to play ball with the Walmart address! When I ordered online I picked the closest to AoA which was Vineland Avenue but we couldn’t find it at all on our Sat Nav.

We asked a few people but everybody kept telling us we was on Vineland Avenue but neither Walmart was the right one!

After an hour of driving up and down the 192 we decided to admit defeat and go back to AoA and use the wifi. I ran into the lobby and found the co-ordinates for the right one. Definitely not near the 192!

It was also one of the biggest Walmarts I’ve seen! It was massive (in fact we lost a whole 2 hours in there haha). I picked up my order (which consisted of crafty things like Disney papers and replacement blades for my Cameo machine) and we trailed up and down each aisle.

Our trolley was full of Disney shirts, poncho’s (just incase!) and junk food. All the usual favourites such as Poptarts, Honeybuns, chips and soda (yum!). We also picked up some bubble wrap to help transport our champagne flutes home. $164 later we was done.

The rain was still hammering it down and we were debating what to do, I really wanted to see Wishes (it’s my favourite show of all time) but didn’t fancy getting soaked. Time was now getting on and we still hadn’t eaten (or made a decision!). We settled on a quick and easy tea so stopped at McDonalds at 9.

Cameron ordered the 2 cheeseburger meal (wishing that they did this here as it’s what he orders separately! ) and I had a bacon cheeseburger which came to $15. We sat inside and ate our meal, watching the rain lash the windows and the lightening in the distance.

At 9.30 we decided it was only a bit a rain and that we wouldn’t be missing Wishes for the second night running so we left and headed back to MK. Thankfully the rain Gods were on our side as by the time we parked up it had stopped! We got to bag check just as the opening music started for Wishes. I think I literally ran (yes I’m sad!) to the bottom of Main Street and found a space to stand.

I can’t even describe how much I love Wishes… the music gives me goosebumps and I may have gotten a little emotional (I sound like such a loser!).

This is one of my favorite photos ever... we've had it printed on a canvas

After Wishes had finished, we thought it would be rude not to make the most of the evening so we headed over to Tomorrowland and went of the People Mover (which of course was a walk on!).

We then went on Space Mountain, yes it’s a bit dated compared to Paris but I always scream my head off!

After our spin around the galaxy we headed for Buzz. Now we are always really competitive at rides like this but Cameron always wins… however I had a little trick up my sleeve and had been researching where the high scoring targets were! Definitely didn’t get 999,999 (it’s all good knowing where they are but you still have to actually hit them ) but after the first room I had already got 199,999!

I kicked his butt for the first time ever! He was convinced I had cheated but I just told him that some targets must be more points than others (hahaha ).

By now it was nearly 11 so we found a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade. My feet were dead by this point and was very much looking forward to my bed.

We left the park just after 11.30 and headed back to AoA. Both a bit sad that we would be leaving the Disney bubble tomorrow
WifeyB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 15, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JosieO
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Loving your trip report so far! Be Our Guest looks amazing, I really hope we get to eat there. Also love the Mickey and Minnie poncho's, I hope they have them at Walmart when we go it looks like you had the perfect birthday trip. Can't wait to read more x
Old 19 Jan 15, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, enjoying reading your trip report x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 15, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Ah, what I'd give to be eating at Be Our Guest right now! Wishes is my favourite too, it just makes you so emotional and gives you this feeling that you can't really describe, I love it.

Loving your report
Old 25 Jan 15, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JosieO View Post
Loving your trip report so far! Be Our Guest looks amazing, I really hope we get to eat there. Also love the Mickey and Minnie poncho's, I hope they have them at Walmart when we go it looks like you had the perfect birthday trip. Can't wait to read more x
Thank you so much for reading

We loved it, the attention to detail is crazy. Would definitely recommend it

xx

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Great day, enjoying reading your trip report x
Thank you for reading Hopefully I won't take so long to update it now! xx

Originally Posted by axxxl View Post
Ah, what I'd give to be eating at Be Our Guest right now! Wishes is my favourite too, it just makes you so emotional and gives you this feeling that you can't really describe, I love it.

Loving your report
You and be both! It was such a lovely restaurant

Thank you so much for reading. I've just noticed your pre-trippie so off to catch up! Not long now xx
Old 26 Jan 15, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Ace day. I love your photos, the one with the fireworks is amazing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fluzz View Post
Ace day. I love your photos, the one with the fireworks is amazing!
Thank you lovely I was amazed how well some of them came out!
Old 28 Jun 15, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
misswylie
Excited about Disney

What a lovely day 😃 we were there around the same time as you both. It was amazing 😃 x
misswylie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WifeyB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by misswylie View Post
What a lovely day 😃 we were there around the same time as you both. It was amazing 😃 x
Thank you for reading It definitely was! Although it seems like a life time ago now Glad to hear you had a good time xx