Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Tui Premium Sanford Airport

Got a call yesterday from Tui to upgrade to Premium our return flight at a cost of £62 each. Have gone for it and am now wondering about the access to the lounge at Sanford which they say is included.

Do you get anything free in the lounge, food or drink for example?

Daughter who will be 19 is also wondering if she would be allowed any alcohol on either of the flights considering you have to be 21 to drink in the USA

Ta
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
CinemaMan
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

See attached link, also they do do snacks free but no hot meals, with regard to your daughters age she will not be able to get an alchoholic drink in sanford but should be ok once the plane has left USA airspace she should also be ok going out to sanford.
i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

loungeclub/en/our-lo...nge-detail/SFB

Were going premium economy from Doncaster to sanford in April, flown once before in premium with them loved it.
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We had the lounge in June, Crisps, cookies and drinks. I think if I remember right we had two tickets for alcoholic drink.
You can order hot food and it will be brought into the lounge for you but at your own cost. The guy working the bar seems to be running around in there constantly lol...
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by CinemaMan View Post
Hi

See attached link, also they do do snacks free but no hot meals, with regard to your daughters age she will not be able to get an alchoholic drink in sanford but should be ok once the plane has left USA airspace she should also be ok going out to sanford.
i'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.

loungeclub/en/our-lo...nge-detail/SFB

Were going premium economy from Doncaster to sanford in April, flown once before in premium with them loved it.
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks canny.
jenzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

She’ll be ok to drink on the plane, my dd was 19 but looks younger and had no problems with the tui staff, in fact they were doubling up the drinks in pe

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Last year the wine was not the best
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
priceclan
Getting Excited

Felt like a doctor's waiting room for us. Nothing like the lounges at say Gatwick airport. Booked premium for our holiday next June so the return lounge is included. Would not pay specifically for that lounge if I had a choice.
priceclan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jenzo
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by priceclan View Post
Felt like a doctor's waiting room for us. Nothing like the lounges at say Gatwick airport. Booked premium for our holiday next June so the return lounge is included. Would not pay specifically for that lounge if I had a choice.
Yep, seen it on You Tube. It doesn't look that special but its included so will take advantage of it.
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Same as above, it's included so it's fine and gives you somewhere reasonably comfy to sit for a few hours. I wouldn't pay for it though if it wasn't included.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

The SFB lounge is OK, nothing too special. You get vouchers for alcoholic drinks. Crisps and nuts are free as is Coke and lemonade. I wouldn’t pay for it but it’s better than waiting at departures!
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List