Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jul 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would contact them and let them know you have done a check and found out about the non payment as they could be unaware of the tax certificate being issued.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

It was March this year, but I will get in touch with them.
Thank you very much for your help
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Debbiemy View Post
The owner, its a Dibb one
That's worrying if it's a Dibb villa...I thought the Dibb did extra checks before allowing villas to be advertised on here: is that not correct then?
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Owners have to provide proof that they own the villa that they advertise and if they are put up for sale the owner should contact the dibb admin to let them know so there dibb advert can be removed.

There could be all sorts of reasons why the owner has not cleared a tax bill as long as the owner is contacted and asked about the situation and gives a reason why then the renter has the option to decide what they want to do, that is why it always pays to do the checks outlined in this thread.

Just because it is a dibb advertised villa why is that more worrying than a non dibb advertised villa it just goes to show this thread works and has highlighted an issue.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
it's more worrying because I had mistakenly (it appears) assumed that a condition of advertising was that taxes etc were up to date, and that in a way offered more security/peace of mind. But now I know better, so thank you for the clarification.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
The unique feature you get on the dibb is the interaction you get with the owners as well as being able to ask for reviews from other dibbers who might have stayed in a villa that may be of interest.

You would not get or find the level of interaction on any other villa advertising website than you get here on the dibb where you get advise and help in doing the checks that are outlined on this thread.

Steve
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Absolutely Steve, that's why we always go to look at the Dibb villas first...but, as I said, I wrongly assumed that there was a safety blanket there, and there isn't. Also, past reviews don't deal with whether a villa owner is in financial difficulty...a link to the relevant HOA entries would be a more useful indicator for those spending £1000s, wouldn't it?
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
The information and links at the beginning of this thread make it very easy for anyone to access public records to check out whether any villa they are considering has outstanding property taxes. I have seen many threads over the years from worried renters asking for advice on what they have found and I have personally helped several renters interpret their findings, as I'm sure other active Dibb villa owners have too.

As Steve points out the Dibb is a unique place to rent your villa as you have the chance to interact with owners and check out genuine reviews but there are also owners on here who never post in the public forums. Those of us who post regularly on all sorts of topics - and I'm sure our names are recognised - lay ourselves wide open to public scrutiny and I for one have no problem with that.

Debra
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
You are right guests do put a lot of faith in owners (as we do in guests) to provide what they have paid a lot of money for, owners here on the dibb do just that by being honest an open and by participating in threads like this, you will always get a situation at some point where something does go wrong but that is a sad fact of life and no amount of checking can prevent that.

A link to HOA's is of no use really as every community has there own HOA and they do not give the details you are looking for.

The sites listed in this thread county tax collectors and county court websites are where you need to look for that information so the dibb has provided that level of security for you to do the checks and also the opportunity to ask questions.

Some owners also offer an extra level of financial security by taking payments by credit card through rental booking engines like I do which gives them a money back guarantee if the worst should happen, this is done by not releasing the rental monies to the owners till the guest has been at the villa for a minimum of 48 hrs.

Steve
Old 3 Jul 13, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Thanks Debra/Gary and Steve, really good to hear that