Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Started at lunchtime and on/off all afternoon. Give up on Universal as rides closed.
The weather is so weird here - very very localised! I was in the Disney area all day yesterday and we just had one downpour which lasted less than 30 mins. It was cloudy for a large part of the day but rain didn’t stop play like it sounds as if it did in universal!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Started at lunchtime and on/off all afternoon. Give up on Universal as rides closed.
We were in Hollywood Studios and didn’t rain at all. It’s amazing how localised it can be.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sunny morning but big storms this afternoon. Typical Florida weather.

I recommend early starts for the water parks or for sunbathing. Evenings have been dry for theme parks
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Sunny morning but big storms this afternoon. Typical Florida weather.

I recommend early starts for the water parks or for sunbathing. Evenings have been dry for theme parks
What time about would you say to get to the parks for evening? Having a quick last minute rethink of our plans
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
What time about would you say to get to the parks for evening? Having a quick last minute rethink of our plans
Universal has been quieter after 6pm ( plus free parking). Seaworld also very quiet in the evening.Disney very busy - Animal Kingdom is the quietest Disney park after 6pm.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

How's everyone managing with footwear? Are you finding trainers / pumps are getting drenched? Packed a selection in preparation but prefer to wear canvas pumps over flipflops / sandals.
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

I've followed this guy on Facebook for years and he doesn't ever seem to be too far off the mark. He doesn't seem to think the current weather system will develop into anything - in fact he's forecasting it to be very quite weather wise until at least mid September, but I always keep in mind that it is just a forecast

Eric Burris - Meteorologist
Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Hot and sunny all day 96f
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alfiebeau View Post
I've followed this guy on Facebook for years and he doesn't ever seem to be too far off the mark. He doesn't seem to think the current weather system will develop into anything - in fact he's forecasting it to be very quite weather wise until at least mid September, but I always keep in mind that it is just a forecast

Eric Burris - Meteorologist
I follow him too. Always seems pretty balanced rather than getting overexcited about everything like some of the others I’ve seen.

I’ll not panic until he does 😂
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
How's everyone managing with footwear? Are you finding trainers / pumps are getting drenched? Packed a selection in preparation but prefer to wear canvas pumps over flipflops / sandals.
Some people take light flip flops in a backpack but I never bother. I have sketchers go walks which are like a light mesh so I guess they dry much quicker than a canvas shoe
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List