Notices

Old 5 Jul 22, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
August 2022 - a whistle stop tour of Disney resorts

Ended up booking a kind of last minute holiday back to Florida for August. We went in April and did a LOT of parks and experienced a resort for the first time (CBR) and I really loved wandering round so instead of spending a fortune on park tickets (because let’s face it 7 day passes are v expensive and not much cheaper than a 14 day pass) I’ve decided that this slightly impromptu visit is the perfect opportunity to resort hop!

We may well do 1 park hopping day and I think we’ll just pay on the gate but this depends on cost and availability of park reservations!

We’re flying with TUI and staying at Rosen Inn LBV (chose this hotel for the price and close proximity to Disney).

I’ve never resort hopped before so if you see anything glaringly obvious that I’m probably going to trip myself up with please let me know!

The plan so far is as follows:

Travel day - arrive in Melbourne for approx 3pm and get the coach transfer to the hotel. Planning to be at the hotel by 6ish by the time we’ve waited around a bit and done the longer journey from the airport. Cheesecake Factory is on the menu tonight so we’ll have a quick change and get straight out then straight back for an early night

Day 1:
09:55 reservation at Grand Floridian for breakfast

Then I plan to wander around the resorts close to MK (Grand Flo, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary and Polynesian). Hoping to finish at the Polynesian and I’ve got a mouse dining alert set up for dinner at ‘Ohana - I’m aware I might not get an ADR for this but if that’s the case I’ll probably go and see if there’s a walk up available.

Day 2:
Hash house a go-go for breakfast and possibly a bit of shopping somewhere (maybe springs) then on to Animal Kingdom to look round the lodge and Jambo house. I’ve also got a 5pm reservation at Sanaa 😄

Day 3:
Today will be my partner’s birthday and I’d really like a beaches and cream reservation for some time in the afternoon so again, I’ve got a mouse dining alert set up. I’m planning to do the Epcot area resorts on this day so Boardwalk, Yacht club, beach club and Coronado springs. I’ve asked where he would like to eat and he hasn’t a clue so still looking at options for a nice dinner reservation.

Day 4: potential Disney park hopping day

Day 5: shopping at premium outlets in the morning and then we will be making our way to MNSSHP for 4pm - I’m so excited about this and even if we don’t end up with a park day the day before I will be so pleased to have experienced this!

Day 6: today we’re meeting up with some friends to resort hop together and the focus will be around the Disney springs resorts (POR, POFQ, Saratoga and OKW) and we will likely eat in Disney springs for dinner.

Day 7: travel home day - don’t have anything planned for today because I don’t like to do a great deal on travel home day other than maybe a breakfast at ihop then back round the hotel ready for the transfer.
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List