Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Aug 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am currently on holiday but still reading on here when I get a minute because I love it so much 🥰
I try to avoid any confrontation and I would be mortified if any of my comments upset anyone. I would never intentionally do that but sometimes things can be taken out of context via a post thats why I am forever using loads of emoji’s (if that makes sense)
I have posted many, many times from serious subjects to down right pointless ones 🙈 from health to wealth, fashion to cosmetics 😂
I am actually glad people have mentioned the changes in Disney and the parks in general. They are busier but we was pre warned so planned accordingly 👍🏻 The information regarding park reservations, genie Das etc has been amazingly helpful.
💗💗💗
Hope you are all having a good time FT and Mason is loving it x
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

As a fairly long term contributor I agree that the dibb is on balance less friendly now than a few years back.

I truly believe however, this is also true of the world that we live in.

Disney332
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I think it’s about picking the right threads to read and contribute to.
Stay away from tipping, ESTA (middle names &#128514, and covid… There are some people with some very forthright views on these.
But mostly planning stuff is good natured and friendly like it’s always been.
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mick sourir View Post
I'm sorry to be commenting on something negative, but I just wanted to bring this up.

I was on a fair amount of Disney discussion groups in the past - including Disboards, Allears (until they stopped doing it), Easywdw (until the very sad news about Josh), and others. I stopped contributing any comments on a few of them due to their negativity. It seemed like there were too many people who just wanted to pick a fight. It seemed to me that what seemed to be intentional aggressiveness wasn't a good fit for sites about what's supposed to be a really lovely holiday.

I joined the DIBB about 8 years ago (I had another name on the site then, but after a few years away, I couldn't reopen it, so changed name and password). I was immediately impressed by the positivity and helpfulness of the subscribers when I first joined. Since I rejoined, I'm very sad to see that the negativity and argumentativeness I had joined to avoid seems to be creeping into this site in a very noticeable way. I sincerely hope that this will change as post Covid life normalises. I'm going to WDW in two weeks, and currently every time I log out of the DIBB, i'm feeling worse than when I logged in.

Sorry you feel this way, my advice is don't get involved, read once then move on and don't go back to that particular post. Block any member you feel is particularly annoying. Answer what you can to help others.

As an immigration office I am sure you know how to deal with difficult people!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think in general the world is so rubbish just now that people have a lower threshold for tipping over into unpleasant. If you put the Dibb on a spectrum of social media sites though it would be way up at the friendly end. My sister is on a FB group (I’m not a FB fan so not a member) and frankly some of the people on it are awful. On here you get the odd person pointing out some things that are obvious to some of us but not to the OP. On the FB group some people are just vicious about things like that.

I agree with others that while we will have our disagreements on here it’s generally a friendly forum with people trying to do what they can to help others. Although don’t talk to me about Genie plus 😂.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I still think this is the friendliest forum around, it's changed a lot since the early days as it's grown,and covid certainly changed things with lots of different opinions,on the whole though we're a friendly supportive bunch of people and I think really arguments are few and far between (most of the time)
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

I dont post a lot, but I do read here most days and have been here since 08.
This is probably the loveliest forum I've ever been on, the generosity, compassion and helpfulness from the majority of people on here is wonderful.
But I have to admit, there are some posters I have blocked, and others I skip right past their comments as they're often rude, unnecessary or intended just to get a reaction.
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
BTW, and I might be wrong, but I got the impression the OP was specifically talking about discussions around Disney and Disney holidays. Not discussions about political, Covid, general chat and non-Disney topics.

I think the negativity towards Disney World has increased in the last year or two (and not just here, by the way). As sha9 jokingly said above, don't talk about Genie+.

I can see how the OP might log off from the DIBB feeling worse about their upcoming holiday than before they logged on. Some of the FB groups I'm in are more positive regarding trips to Disney World.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

I have been a DIBB member for a good number of years. I have found a good number of tips/recommendations which have helped with my holidays. I visit the site daily but don't comment much. However I did have one uncalled for remark re cats where another member called the person out. The second time was just a blunt reply. I find written communication is a lot sharper and blunt these days. Perhaps it is because people text a lot. I think people need to stop, read and think about what they write. It does pit me off commenting or asking a question.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

I've always found The Dibb an excellent source of help and advice. I've seen a couple of what may have been perceived to be negative comments, but it's not always easy to tell tone from text.

Admittedly there are some negative posts about people's experiences in Disney at the moment, but they are just giving their opinions on how they are seeing things and what they are experiencing. Not negative for the sake of it, nor are the posts rude or argumentative, just factual from those posters' time in Disney.

The Dibb is the only forum I participate in, and I would not stick around if there was a bunfight around every corner! Hope you stay and benefit from the many, many experienced posters who have helped me no end.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread