Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile BA holidays

Anyone got an opinion on them.

The seem to look ok. I was going to do it diy next time but it didnt come in any cheaper.

Wont book until things are more normal but want to be ready when time comes
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Weve booked some sort of BA holiday for 5 out of our last 6 trips, we love the fact we can pay a deposit and then pay the balance 8weeks before travelling.
Only downside is the fees if you want to change your flight in any way are high although Car hire or hotel amendments are usually only a 25 charge.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We have used several times, never had an issue, when our holiday was cancelled this March, we got a prompt refund from them, so we were happy.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now its time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Weve used BA holidays about 7 times. Either flight +car or flight + hotel. Found BA to be very responsive in light of COVID. Weve got flight, car and hotels booked for next Easter. I like that you can book with a relatively low deposit, with balance due 5 weeks before departure.

Its worth registering with BA Exec club - Doesnt cost anything, but you can earn Avios points. Weve got a household account that we use for our holiday - usually earn enough Avios to pay a significant part of a 1 night hotel or pay for seat booking.
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

BA are as good as it gets, if you are driven by efficiency and quality rather than cost.

Disney332
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have used them a lot and they are always our go to for a first look. Also use avios which has given us so many benefits in the past. We live in Scotland so frequently fly via Heathrow.
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Very good, we had problems with elements of our package when we went to New York and they resolved them quickly. The good thing at the moment is that you can book and cancel for whatever reason and get a voucher. I'm waiting for September flights for next year to come out. Make sure if you do go with them that you set up an executive club account to collect avios
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

We are using them next year for New York, Easter weekend, nobody could beat there price. There was 5 of us going and had to phone the next day to add another person and so helpful and didnt charge us amendment fees.
We usually use them for flight and car.
Always find them very helpful on phone.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

The only reason we chose virgin last year was cos they go from Manchester. But its about 1500 cheaper with ba than virgin for exact same holiday.

Whats their car insurance like? Do I need to top it up as with virgin

Anyone tried there villas
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We use BA holidays a few times each year. I have always found them good and efficient.

The key reason to use them is the that when booking you only pay a deposit with the balance due normally 5 weeks before you fly, it used to be 8 weeks and during the pandemic it has been 3 weeks. The low deposit means if the worst happens and we dont fly we have list a minimal amount.

I either book a car or a hotel with the booking to turn it into a holiday. The car or the hotel need only be for part of the holiday and I have booked an overnight at an airport hotel with the flights to make it a holiday.

They are efficient when away and I have contacted them about a hotel problem while on holiday, they have come back to me within an hour, phoned me in a hotel and given me a cash refund for a hotel amenity change there and then.

We are Avios collectors so the extra Avios on a holidays booking is useful.. Remember though you will have seat booking charges if you want that, as Silver we dont pay, that can make a difference.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List