Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Mar 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Off to the West Coast again .. Day 7 NASCAR & The Strip

Weather was predicted to change this evening for a couple of days.. Can't say I was looking forward to that !

Anyway we got up at 8am and got ready and decided to have breakfast in the hotel buffet as we hadn't yet eaten there. Reasonably busy but the food was good as always.

We drove to the track stopping off on the way to get a t shirt for our friend that couldn't make it. Once at the track we parked as close as we could but still had a reasonable walk.

Tried to sell my friends weekend ticket but very few touts about and the ones that were really weren't interested unless I'd accept $30 for a $260 weekend ticket.. err no thanks .. Previous years we've got at least $100.. The speedway know the touts are there because they operate on Speedway land under the nose of the Police and Security.

We walked around the track looking for a seller that sold sheet metal. My friends back in England told me he was there well we couldn't find him.. but we did find him in Phoenix the next weekend.

We went to our seats and watched the Xfinity race and I've never been so bored in my life thankfully it was over in 2 hours.

By now the wind was really getting up , March is known for wind in Vegas so we knew how rough it could get.. It also started to rain so we made our way back to the car.

On the way we saw some damage, Portoloo's and metal fencing blown over, Some had landed onto a beautiful Harley Davidson causing some pretty severe damage.

Traffic was pretty heavy so it took about an hour to get back to South Point where we all got showered and changed.

We decided to drive to the Strip as we hadn't been there much, Traffic was really heavy so we went along the road behind the strip and used the valet parking at the Flamingo.

Walked through the Flamingo and it hadn't changed much still needs a good refurbishment imo.

We were all hungry by now as it was 8.30pm so we decided to go to Planet Hollywood in the Forum shops. Not been to Planet Hollywood in years , Food was ok a bit pricey but service was rubbish . Had to wait for ages for Connors milkshakes and both the kids pizzas' came out as we had nearly finished eating.
Came to $92.93 for the 4 of us (4 main meals and 4 drinks) .

Decided to have a wander around the Forum shops .. I like it in here a good mix of affordable and shops i'll never afford.

Connor wanted to visit the NIKE shop which is right down by the Cheesecake Factory so off we went. Whilst in there the staff were getting very excited by someone "famous", peering over the balcony and then rushing downstairs where he was looking at trainers.

I did see the person but have zero idea who he was ,I saw a few people ask for pictures and also saw the same person in another shop a bit later but didn't really fancy asking who he was

By now it was 11pm and I knew we had to be up early the next morning so we went to fetch the car. Had to wait about 20 mins as the valet was so busy..
Once we got back to South Point we went straight to bed .

Steps walked 19856
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shame the weather turned for you, I think it's a bit unpredictable at this time of year. I'm a bit like you, I wouldn't have a clue who half these 'famous' people are! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I still have no clue who he was..

Most years we've had the winds in March for a day or two... Only last a couple of days though so can't complain really.
Old 30 Mar 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Mmmm...that brekkie looks gorgeous! Shame about the weather turning, I like it to be red hot but spend most of my Vegas daytimes bobbing around a pool with a cocktail!
I've no idea who that man is either! Lol!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I love that you keep seeing famous people you don't recognise!

Shame about the weather change
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Lol at the "unfamous" person, can't be that well known or everyone would be going wild! Wind sounds like it can get quite hairy!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Mmmm...that brekkie looks gorgeous! Shame about the weather turning, I like it to be red hot but spend most of my Vegas daytimes bobbing around a pool with a cocktail!
I've no idea who that man is either! Lol!
Well March is known for the winds, Like Sept is known for flash floods, that said a friend was there last week and the rain was horrendous.

We also had snow one year that wasn't very nice lol.

I so need to know who he is !

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
I love that you keep seeing famous people you don't recognise!

Shame about the weather change
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Lol at the "unfamous" person, can't be that well known or everyone would be going wild! Wind sounds like it can get quite hairy!
Winds can be really bad March is known for it... I've been before and they've shut the escalators on the strip and closed the airport because its so bad. I remember one year driving past the Stratosphere and the wind was that bad it was whipping up sand and we couldn't see across the road.

Well people were going nuts, the workers in NIKE were falling over themselves to get near this person. Vegas doesn't really have any big sports teams. There was a big fight on that night so maybe he was in town for that.

I guess we'll never known who he was though.
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
The wind doesn't sound good at all. You don't happen to know if October is renowned for any particular type of weather do you? Hope the flash floods are long over for when we visit.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The wind doesn't sound like fun at all. 2 celebs and no idea who they are, that sounds like me!