Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Jan 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Get on at the back of the train and you'll be at the right end of the platform to exit. You'll go up to the mezzanine level and then it's a bit of a hike up to the 44th Street exit, which is well signposted.
And yes it's around an hour.

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

That's awesome. Thank you again so much.
Old 30 Jan 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Just thought if we do this to go back to the airport - Do we just do the same in reverse? Get the blue line, then the air train?

Thanks.
Old 30 Jan 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Yep. The AirTrain is pay on exit on the way out and pay on entry on the way back.

And make sure you get on an E train to get to Sutphin Blvd.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Excellent, Thank you & any blue line will take us here from this station?
Old 30 Jan 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

The E train is the only line that runs to Sutphin Blvd.
Old 30 Jan 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Great, Thank you.
Old 31 Jan 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Another question - Sorry, I know..

Can we just use the one metro card between us, or is it better to get 2? To pay for the air train & subway & then use it for the odd subway ride while we're there? I'm sure we did this last time, but we didn't use the air train..

I think our old card still has a few $ left on it..

and is the A line quicker than the C line, with less stops?
Old 31 Jan 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

If you're not planning to get a weekly pass you can get one metrocard, load it with dollars and pass it between you to swipe through the turnstiles. I believe, although I didn't do it myself, that it is possible to get a metrocard at the AirTrain exit at JFK and load money onto it for the AirTrain fares and to use on the subway, but you'd need to ask someone about that I'm afraid as I loaded $10 onto a metrocard for my AirTrain fares and then got a weekly pass when I got to the subway station.
If you opt for a weekly pass, and if you're there for more than a few days I would opt for that, you'll need a metrocard each.
Old 31 Jan 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We're only there one night on the way home from Florida.. we arrive about 10am & then go home the following evening, so wouldn't need the pass..

I might just load $20 on to it, send DH through first, then hope it works for me, if not I can go back & get another one..

Thanks again.