Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Mar 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
VIP Dibber

Upgraded to PE with thomson

Hello, was wondering if anyone could tell me how much they paid to upgrade to premium economy with thomson so I can have a roughly price, and any tips on how to get the best price (like when to call and ask). We already booked extra space seats but was wondering what how much the upgrade would be
Old 15 Mar 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We booked DIY this year so paid for flight only with Thomson from Newcastle. Apart from having to pay to book our seats we also had to pay for hold luggage. When DW suggested upgrading to PE I seem to remember the difference was £259. However with PE you get baggage allowance and seats allocated so if effect it was 'only' £168 extra as we'd already paid for seats and bags. Added benefit of Lounge access so saving on buying breakfast. I hope its worth it, just looking forward not going over to Manchester.

Edited at 09:49 AM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
We booked DIY this year so paid for flight only with Thomson from Newcastle. Apart from having to pay to book our seats we also had to pay for hold luggage. When DW suggested upgrading to PE I seem to remember the difference was £259. However with PE you get baggage allowance and seats allocated so if effect it was 'only' £168 extra as we'd already paid for seats and bags. Added benefit of Lounge access so saving on buying breakfast. I hope its worth it, just looking forward not going over to Manchester.
Can I ask what you paid from Newcastle
We gave flown twice with them from Newcastle but as part of a package
Last year we did DIY and did Aer Lingus New-Dub-MCO (£590 each)
Have a villa booked for Oct 2018 and Aer Lingus flights will be relaesed in Nov
Thomsons flights should be out by end of April so wondering if they are worth looking at
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
VIP Dibber

Well I just called them up and on the way there, no seats are available but there are two on the way back so as a surprise for my partner I have booked them, cost me £325
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Geordie boy 57 View Post
Can I ask what you paid from Newcastle
We gave flown twice with them from Newcastle but as part of a package
Last year we did DIY and did Aer Lingus New-Dub-MCO (£590 each)
Have a villa booked for Oct 2018 and Aer Lingus flights will be relaesed in Nov
Thomsons flights should be out by end of April so wondering if they are worth looking at
The initial price with seats and hold luggage added was £560pp, which for Newcastle I thought was a good price (this is for June 2nd for two weeks). Obviously could have got cheaper from Manchester but when you factor in overnight hotels etc thought it was worth it. DD did Newcastle- Dublin-MCO last year but had to wait for the 5pm ish Dub -NCL flight on their return, didn't fancy that wait so never looked at that as an option.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
The initial price with seats and hold luggage added was £560pp, which for Newcastle I thought was a good price (this is for June 2nd for two weeks). Obviously could have got cheaper from Manchester but when you factor in overnight hotels etc thought it was worth it. DD did Newcastle- Dublin-MCO last year but had to wait for the 5pm ish Dub -NCL flight on their return, didn't fancy that wait so never looked at that as an option.
Same happened to us last year
We had 8hr layover in Dublin on way back
When we booked there was an afternoon flight but it was cancelled
Afternoon flight is currently showing for a Friday and Sunday but not a Wed
Will look at Thomsons when flights are released
Thanks for that
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

At time of booking the price for us was £250 each - 2 adults. That was for flights in September 2015.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
At time of booking the price for us was £250 each - 2 adults. That was for flights in September 2015.
is that for both way? ours is only on the way back as there is no room on the way there
Old 15 Mar 17, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

last year we flew PE from LGW to Cancun with Thomson. we paid £180 each however between booking and flying the prices fluctuated between c. £200 to about £350 just before departure
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

£259 (return) in November 2015.

Well, well worth it. The service is excellent. Increased baggage, free seat choice, lounge access, priority security, great seats, nice meal, noise cancelling headphones...

Just brilliant. Would do it again in a heart beat.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List