Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyana
New Poster (4)

Hey All,

I am usually a browser on the forum and don't really comment but felt I wanted to after the release of this new offer.

I don't know why Disney think this is an incentive.

I can't help but feel that Disney are penalising families here, I go with my partner so smaller effect on us however I am struggling with the benefit of this offer.

We have always stayed on site for years, for convivence, the Disney bubble and the costs usually outweighed the hassle. However, with the magic express gone, that adds on further stress/costs as to transport. If we get a car, its further expense for parking, then the DDP has gone so we need to save more cash to eat onsite, In reality the credit will allow us 6/7 meals at most if only using for table service and using the cheapest offerings and minimal alcohol.

In reality if we booked 14 days at say CBR it would give us just over £600 in credit, which Disney may add on to the costs in any event.

We also then thought about looking at the grand destino tower at CSR but it seems that option is out too.

I think it has pushed us to stay off site for the first time in 10 years. Anyone else feel deflated?
Disneyana is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

Having been following this thread since the announcement yesterday I've found it quite fascinating with all the different opinions on whether it's an incentive or not!

For someone like me who's a solo traveller and normally just stays at a value resort - the best I normally get is a free breakfast or a free night - so to me i feel that this deal is a good opportunity and will be taking advantage of it.

But on the other hand I can see why family groups could feel that it's not so appealing.
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I just rang Disney and it was a bit of a pointless call really. I asked if I was able to transfer an existing booking to to the new offer and he didn't know. Regarding deposit and transferring that to a new booking he didn't know, what time the offer was coming out he didn't know! All he knew was Thursday.

He did know but there would be changes to the conditions and I don't think there will be free amendments and cancellations from Thursday.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I am both - solo traveller who doesn't go for more than a week. The new offer is great for me. Value wise it's about the same as QSDP but it will also cover the occasional TS meal. Winning.
Quoting myself but have been running some numbers on this, think I can actually make the tier 1 plan work as a solo diner.

At the moment, I'm running at an average of around $28/day for 2 QS meals plus a snack. That's not hunting for the cheapest options, just choosing what I normally would. It doesn't include drinks (other than Starbucks as one of the snack options) but happy with water most of the time anyway. So that leaves $8/day for another snack or two, or even a kids meal if I'm extra hungry one day.

With ASMo being about £85/night cheaper than CSR on some potential dates I'm considering, that's really tempting.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

It a bit like everything it is good for some and not for others. I can definitely see that for families it’s only a tiny benefit. Solo and couples a better offer. It also depends on people’s budget. In my opinion it is a small step forward back to normality and the way things are changing it could be different again next week. The next positive step in my opinion is fireworks or fast passes let’s hope for more news soon.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyana View Post
Hey All,

I am usually a browser on the forum and don't really comment but felt I wanted to after the release of this new offer.

I can't help but feel that Disney is penalising families here, I go with my partner so the smaller effect on us however I am struggling with the benefit of this offer.

For years, we have always stayed on site for convivence, the Disney bubble, and the costs usually outweighed the hassle. However, with the magic express gone, that adds on further stress/costs as to transport. If we get a car, it's a further expense for parking, then the DDP has gone so we need to save more cash to eat onsite, In reality, the credit will allow us 6/7 meals at most if only using for table service and using the cheapest offerings and minimal alcohol.

In reality, if we booked 14 days at say CBR it would give us just over £600 in credit, which Disney may add to the costs in any event.

We also thought about looking at the grand destino tower at CSR, but it seems that option is out.

I think it has pushed us to stay off-site for the first time in 10 years. Anyone else feels deflated?

I Have to agree. We are only two as well. Whilst anything is welcome is the other potential changes that put me off.. fast passes, paid-for events, etc etc

I REALLY was wavering about onsite at WDW but now I am skipping Disney all together so not only have I been driven off site I've been driven off parks as well
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyana View Post
Hey All,

I can't help but feel that Disney are penalising families here, I go with my partner so smaller effect on us however I am struggling with the benefit of this offer.

We have always stayed on site for years, for convivence, the Disney bubble and the costs usually outweighed the hassle. However, with the magic express gone, that adds on further stress/costs as to transport. If we get a car, its further expense for parking, then the DDP has gone so we need to save more cash to eat onsite, In reality the credit will allow us 6/7 meals at most if only using for table service and using the cheapest offerings and minimal alcohol.

In reality if we booked 14 days at say CBR it would give us just over £600 in credit, which Disney may add on to the costs in any event.

We also then thought about looking at the grand destino tower at CSR but it seems that option is out too.

I think it has pushed us to stay off site for the first time in 10 years. Anyone else feel deflated?
Yes, I'm deflated but there's a big world of other options out there. As I've posted previously, for our family of 4 'disney adults' booking deluxe resort this deal is awful. As a maximum it pays for 2 of our 14 days food. And that's being frugal.

As a minimum the old deal saved us £3200 for a 2 week stay. It would have saved even more if we had always chosen the most expensive restaurants/meals and used the alcoholic drinks option. This deal is worth about £420 if you take off the £250 extra we will have to pay for car parking at the resort.

I know that £420 is better than nothing but in no way will it get us back to WDW. Disney just don't need our custom at the moment and that's the reality. They just need those who will pay anything to be back to the bubble. And that's fine...Disney is a business not a charity.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed (free DDP) in 2-3 years and we'll be there when it does.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Ok, how much would you say a couple of QS meals, a couple of snacks and 2 or 3 drinks a day would roughly come to per person a day?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyana
New Poster (4)

I'm with you that Disney doesn't need us at the moment, I think sometimes with the loyalty you give, you would hope for something in return but maybe wishful thinking.

We started looking into offsite options last night, I am sure we will trawl the boards for advice!
Disneyana is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I think we will go for a Disney Springs Hotel for our August 2022 trip. They are released 11 months out I believe and hopefully will come with some benefits if FP come back online
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List