Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Jan/Feb 2022 - Positivity thread.

So I thought I would create this for folks who have any USA holidays booked for Jan/Feb next year like me.

As we are now approx 6 months away are we all confident this will go ahead?

I have to say I was but the last few weeks have really dented my confidence especially as this will be the middle of winter when the NHS will no doubt be under 'pressure'.

But I am going to remain positive - if this trip doesn't happen I don't know if we will ever get back!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Anyway my flight is Heathrow to MCO leaving 26th January and flying back 12th February.

I will NEED a winter getaway this next winter. I cannot do 2 whole winters in the UK.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We’re 28th Jan to 12th Feb.

I’m beyond even wondering now, what will be will be.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We haven’t booked it yet but will be going in January. Our last January trip was 2020 as our Jan 2021 trip (booked pre-pandemic) was obviously cancelled.

I was super confident that we will be going but like you, I’m not so sure now. My SIL who works in the NHS says they expect Nov - Feb/March to be the worst months as usual and to travel before we hit it (if possible/allowed).

Having said that, we managed to get to Dubai in December 4 days before tier 4 and the Alpha/Kent variant reared its ugly head and I never would have thought that would be possible so I’m keeping everything crossed and holding on to any positivity I can!
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

We recently booked 12th Feb to 5th March. Wanted to book before the borders reopen and prices no doubt soar. We’ve booked everything with deposits and/or free cancellation. My concern is that the borders will reopen (my theory is by end of next month) and then close again during winter and another peak. BUT I’m remaining hopeful. We’re still a few months away and by then I imagine everyone that wants the vaccine will have had it. We WILL be on that plane 😀.
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are booked 7-21 January. I would say I am hopeful rather than confident that the trip will go ahead.

I am a little less hopeful that we will go to WDW though, we watched some YouTube vlogs on how things are at the moment and DH is really not sure he wants to go at all after that. If we rule out WDW but can travel, then we go to Universal and be perfectly happy with that as we are huge HP fans.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We haven’t booked it yet but will be going in January. Our last January trip was 2020 as our Jan 2021 trip (booked pre-pandemic) was obviously cancelled.

I was super confident that we will be going but like you, I’m not so sure now. My SIL who works in the NHS says they expect Nov - Feb/March to be the worst months as usual and to travel before we hit it (if possible/allowed).

Having said that, we managed to get to Dubai in December 4 days before tier 4 and the Alpha/Kent variant reared its ugly head and I never would have thought that would be possible so I’m keeping everything crossed and holding on to any positivity I can!
I really will be massively angry if travel is restricted due to the NHS being under pressure during the winter months.

The NHS has been under massive pressure during the winter for as long as I can remember and it will be so unfair if we have our freedoms stripped back because of it.

Fingers Crossed regardless of the NHS situation we can go.
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We're booked for the 29th Dec-12 Jan!
I am really hoping it all goes ahead , but who knows!

I booked my universal tickets yesterday on free cancelation ... still haven't pulled the trigger on Disney yet! I'm only after a 3 day ticket and they don't offer refunds on those!

All we can do is hope!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

19th of Feb for us when I booked I had no doubt we would be going now I'm swinging between excitement and wishing I hadn't booked
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

Due to head out on Jan 5th, holding off on those Disney tickets until Autumn in the hope things look a little better.
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List