Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Aug 22, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Budget nightmare

Picked up a 7 Seat SUV Toyota Highlander from Double tree Hilton near Disney springs, drove just down road to Caribbean beach resort and engine management light came on with message return to dealer.
Double tree office was shut so drove to MCO, met by very rude staff and with some huffing and puffing was given the keys to Honda Pilot, turned ignition on and engine management light came on, with maintenance messages displayed, went back to kiosk and was given keys to a Ford Flex, the car was all dented at the back and I told them I wouldn’t except that and the lady said it’s just wear and tear.
I refused the car and eventually I was given a Dodge Durango.
The Dodge was fine for 2 weeks when I got in it one morning it wouldn’t start, after 10 mins I eventually got it going however all the the screen in the car was blank, no air con or anything.
Went back to the Double tree office and was given a Chrysler mini van, lady at the office said it was brand new and only 400 miles on the clock, when I got to the car it was filthy, full of scratches and had 20,000 on the clock, there was a message displayed oil change required.
Took the car as the had nothing else as I wasn’t going far, the staff member insisted it was fine to drive. I told them to get me another car for the following morning, just got a Ford Explorer with 28,000 on the clock. Not the best but at least it’s safe and no problems so far.
Not used Budget for 12years and won’t be using them again. They clearly are not maintaining their fleet and the standard of car is very poor. They have only offered me a tank of fuel as compensation, Budget was £300 cheaper than Alamo, I suppose you get what you pay for, lesson learned.
Going to stick with Alamo and Hertz in the future.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Blimey that’s bad. Apart from the time wasted and inconvenience, there was the risk of breaking down on the road. Sounds like £300 would be a small price to pay.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

That’s a very bad run of luck. At the moment they’ve all got old fleets with issues. My father in law picked up a 7 seater suv Infinity from Tampa with Alamo last week. 50k miles on the clock. Started cutting out when turning left, so switched at MCO without issue.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List