Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by su708 View Post
I always took it for my kids on many flights, never a problem with Virgin but got taken off us at security when flying with BA.
It's the same people at security whichever airline. Its an airport role.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
It's the same people at security whichever airline. Its an airport role.
Yeah, but don't let something small like facts get in the way.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cj25
Earning More Ears

Just asked my husband who works at Gatwick, yes playdoh is allowed in hand luggage- no maximum amount. He suggested maybe not orange in colour to be on safe side.
Cj25 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cj25
Earning More Ears

Just read a trip report someone was told at Manchester that playdoh was treated like a liquid
Cj25 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cj25 View Post
Just read a trip report someone was told at Manchester that playdoh was treated like a liquid
That makes sense, I got pulled for not having my hair wax in the plastic bag at Stansted. I thought if I could tip it upside down and it didn't come out it was not liquid. Wrong!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That makes sense, I got pulled for not having my hair wax in the plastic bag at Stansted. I thought if I could tip it upside down and it didn't come out it was not liquid. Wrong!
I got a telling off at Gatwick in April for having 'solid' liquids in my plastic bag! Not necessary apparantly. Honest I think they make it up at times 🙄
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
I got a telling off at Gatwick in April for having 'solid' liquids in my plastic bag! Not necessary apparantly. Honest I think they make it up at times 🙄
What did you have? 😂
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
What did you have? 😂
Nothing remotely strange, cream blush , deodorant stick etc. I just lumped them in my plastic bag more so that everything was in one place but he didn't approve 🤣
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1
Trying for More Ears

We last went in 2018.. I took Play Doh in my hand luggage for my 2.5 year old. I didn't even think to take it out and put it in with my liquids. We are waiting for our bags at the bottom of the scanner and all of a sudden there was 3 armed guards there.
They start shouting 'what's In the Bag' well I was all confused because I forgot all about the Play Doh.

So everyone is shouting and they give me my bag and tell me to empty it, and then I pull out these 2 little tubs of Peppa Pig Play Doh. The scanner man laughs the armed guards look furious, my daughter is crying because of all the shouting and I just wanted the ground to swallow me up.

They took them and tested them on the explosives machine and then Gave them back. (I think they gave about 2 whole minutes of entertainment on the plane &#128580

This was at Manchester and I binned it once in America, as there was no way I was doing that through there security.
Disney1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
wikkistix/

Amazon sell these. Dd liked them as a preschooler. She got some in a restaurant in usa (Margaritaville) and then we bought some have used on a plane. They are none messy. Sort of like pipe cleaners but tacky.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List