Old 7 Oct 23, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Our 20th trip! Disney September 2023 - Day 6, Hollywood Studios

We had DHS planned today but decided not to book Genie + or ILL for RotR and just go for a wander. We had breakfast in the room. I had a bagel and a muffin. Marie had a half a bagel and a muffin.

We took our time getting ready and left the room after 9. We used Hey Disney to order loo roll and decaf coffee which they brought about a minute after we ordered. Our room was close to a housekeeping cupboard so we tended to get supplies quickly!

** I have take this time out to mention our Bath & Body Works order. There were a few things we wanted that Next haven’t got round to selling yet but I really didn’t want to drive up I-4 to get to one of the B&BW stores so we decided to order online for delivery to SSR. We got lots of discounts including 20% off the whole order so it seemed worth it. We ordered on the Saturday which was our second day at SSR and had an anticipated delivery time which included our check out day. I then got an email to say it had been dispatched and would arrive the following week on 18th (we checked out on the 20th). Only it wasn’t the whole order, it was one hand sanitiser spray. The other 26 items were still to be dispatched . So watch this space…

Anyway, we arrived at DHS and had a leisurely wander. We had a proper browse in the shops when we arrived spending a bit of time in the Star Wars shop and looked a the pre-boxed lightsabers. They’re pretty big and I didn’t think I’d get them in my case but the Darksaber one is smaller so it looked fine.
We headed round to GE via Star Tours which was a 10 min wait so we rode it. We decided to try the bounty Hunter game so that took some time.

We had a blue milk each. I swear these were bigger last time.

Marie wanted to get either Ahsoka Tano’s lightsaber from Clone Wars or Cal Kestis from Jedi Survivor. Or both. I wasn’t sure but wanted to buy one. In Dok-Ondars you need to queue to even look at the cabinet with the lightsabers. We discovered this after being told off a few days earlier for not lining up (even though there was no queue when we arrived). It’s actually quite entertaining watching the CMs constantly tell people there’s a line . Of course if they just had the lightsabers in display somewhere on the wall they wouldn’t have to employ someone to police a queue. Anyway, I took a panoramic of the shop but not sure how that’ll load here.

Marie looked at the ones she liked and decided on the Ahsoka Tano ones. She already has a blade that came with her Savi’s one so only had to buy one. I had a look at the Yoda one which comes with its own blade which is smaller and thinner than the rest but didn’t want to buy yet.
We spent a bit more time in GE and were looking for a shaded area to mobile order lunch when Marie shouted “Mando!” and started running! You guessed it, Mando was there!
He stopped for a couple of photos then moved on but we managed to get one without a strange child in it!
Mando doesn’t have a queue and you’re not allowed to approach him. He’ll approach you if he has something to say which basically means if you’re a child.

We went to Backlot Express for lunch after that. We both got a kids chicken nuggets which was plenty. We got the chocolate chip cookie as the second side.

After lunch we went to the Frozen show then looked in the shops again before we left. I went back to the shop I’d seen the Darksaber in (they don’t sell this in Dok-Ondars) and asked how much. The CM said “they’re all the same, 30% off”. I just looked at her and then she said they were all $149. I decided just to get it and it rang up at $175. Turns out she didn’t really know how much it was. I just bought it because it’s only $30 although part of me wanted to get Yoda’s so it was a bit of a hasty decision.
We headed out after that humphing our lightsabers to the last spot in the car park row as always.
When we got back I double checked the box would fit in my case. I had been convinced it would fit length ways but it doesn’t. It does fit diagonally though - just.

We watched the Scotland England match (the least said about that the better ) then headed to DS for dinner. We looked in some shops then went to Polite Pig. We were in the queue deciding what to get when we both realised we weren’t hungry. We went for a drink to Daily Poutine and then wandered round the shops some more but we didn’t develop an appetite. We decided if we were hungry later we’d just eat what we had in the room. I ended up having some toast and grape jelly and one of the muffins and Marie had a muffin. We stayed awake to watch Ahsoka which is on at 9pm on a Tuesday on the East coast. This was very late for us 😂.

Genie +/LL spend $0

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List