Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 7 May 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Bit of overnight drama! I was woken in the middle of the night by very loud shouting, swearing, and general ruckus, outside our cabin. It sounded quite aggressive so in the end I popped my head out of the door, to find two extremely drunk ladies, dressed to the nines in sequinned cocktail dresses (we had seen them dancing earlier, and admired how glamorous they looked) one of them was face down on the floor, and the other was shouting at her over and over to ‘#@***##*’ get up. I said we needed to call for help, and the shouty lady then said ‘oh yeah! do you have a phone?’ She tried to enter our cabin, so I politely but firmly unpeeled her fingers from the door and closed it… nooooo sorry crazy lady you are not coming in! I rang guest services and said we needed security urgently. They came quickly thankfully and hopefully took care of her.

This morning I vowed not to eat or drink anything too unhealthy, I started breakfast with some smoked salmon and poached eggs, but then they had freshy baked bagels….and then I walked past this Chocolate Babka bread! Oops…. 😂

I have never tried it before so it kind of had to be done, it was amazing.

We said we would walk to Mykonos town from the ship, but halfway there realised it was rather a long way, and there was no path, only a busy road. So we opted for the sea bus instead, for just 2 euros. Good decision! Mykonos town is a labyrinth of tiny streets with little shops and cafes everywhere, lots of blue shutters and little flower planters. Its really pretty.

We wandered up and down all the winding alleyways, and then decided to have lunch at Nikos Taverna, close to the sea but slightly behind the main strip. It was a good choice, we had greek salad, saganaki, calamari, and tzatziki. (And a little glass of white wine…) it was all so fresh, and absolutely delicious. We had a lovely surprise while eating, the famous Mykonos Pelican passed by, Katie was over the moon to see it. It was like seeing a celebrity!

After lunch we headed back to the ship by sea bus again. It was quite windy this afternoon (George lost his hat up on deck) I had a nap by the pool, and then decided it was time to try another cocktail, todays choice was a BBCC - Baileys Banana Chocolate Colada. This was fantastic! My favourite so far, but still time to find another favourite of course. 😄

I tried a bit if gambling to pass an hour, but was absolutely rubbish at it, I have no clue how to even use a slot machine. Clearly gambling is not for me. Best to keep away. I lost $50 (its on board credit so no big deal but won’t be going back).

For dinner we went to the Lawn Club Grill, up on the lawn deck, it is a casual style place with home made pizzas, steaks, shrimp, mac n cheese and baked potatoes etc. We were the only people up there apart from one other British couple, which was funny because clearly only us Brits are mad enough to sit in an open air restaurant when its cold and windy! 😂
They had heaters on, and offered blankets, besides the red wine warmed me up so no problem! The food was fab and George announced its his favourite so far.
We finished off our meal with warm cookie dough dessert and carrot cake which was the best I’ve ever tasted! So much for dieting today!

Tomorrow we are in Istanbul, but arriving around midday, we have another private tour that I have organised hoping it all goes smoothly…. 🙏🏻
WOW another FAB day
Chocolate bread 🙊
And your desserts look amazing too, glad you’re not on the diet yet as I’m loving all the food too
Enjoy

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mykonos looks amazing Louise, and you are having such a wonderful time (apart from being woken up in the night, what in earth was that about? 😱 ).

The carrot cake looks delicious as does the salad. I’m so pleased to hear how much you are all enjoying the holiday xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Istanbul

This morning I was determined not to eat cake, but they had the sticky buns on display right in front of me at breakfast what’s a girl to do?!

We had a lovely surprise today arriving in Istanbul- a whole pod of dolphins were chasing us alongside the ship as we docked! Katie was beside herself with excitement. It was a big deal that a Celebrity ship was arriving here today as it was the first in 7 years. The new Galanta Port terminal is very futuristic and clean.

We had another shared private tour that I had organised, 11 people today, and I am happy to say it was a really great group, no debating politics or covid! Phew! We had a mixed group with Canadians, US, English. Our guide Metin called us the Happy People every time he lifted his hand he would say ‘Happy People let’s go!’

He was funny and very good at his job. We started with a visit to the Haggia Sophia it means ‘Holy Wisdom’ it is the only building in the world that has been a church and is now a mosque and it was very beautiful. Us ladies had to cover our heads, and everyone had to take off their shoes. Katie didn’t like her head scarf. 🤣

Afterwards we tried a sesame pretzel with cream cheese from a street vendor, and had some Turkish apple tea - very sweet but nice. We saw a lot of mosques, there are 7 hills in Istanbul - the same as Rome, and each hill has a mosque. Istanbul is a melting pot of so many cultures, Turks, Greeks, Jewish, Armenians…

Then we went to Taksim square, in the new part of the city. It was a bit like Oxford Street in London, and busy. We bought proper Turkish delight,I love the pistachio flavour.
Finally we headed back to the ship. It was a full on day but so full of culture. A feast for the senses!

For dinner tonight we went to ‘Le Petit Chef’ a dining experience that is a bit different. There is a set menu, and the plate has a ‘show’ on it like a holographic mini chef making your dish. It was colourful and clever, and the food was surprisingly good- we had a tomato salad, then Truffle ravioli, followed by Steak Frites (delicious) lastly a Green Matcha Cake (not as keen on that one) and wine!

We were going to go dancing to an ABBA event but George was trying to persuade Katie to get off the ship again for a drink locally and by the time they debated it and came down to the bar for the ABBA event it had finished. So we ended up just chatting at the bar then going to bed. Tomorrow we are in port until lunchtime and then just sailing in the afternoon, we plan to just rest.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 07:16 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Your tour looked lovely glad you enjoyed it
Turkish delight yum yum
Bit disappointed you had a bun at breakfast but no pics 🤷🤦🙄
😂😂😂
Enjoy your rest day today 😎

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Your tour looked lovely glad you enjoyed it
Turkish delight yum yum
Bit disappointed you had a bun at breakfast but no pics 🤷🤦🙄
😂😂😂
Enjoy your rest day today 😎
I ate it so fast there was no time! 🤣🤣🤣sorry Claire

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Just caught up on your trip, it all sounds and looks lovely with some delicious looking cocktails!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Kusadasi - Ephesus

Another epic historical adventure today - I have arranged a group tour for 17 of us to the incredible site of Ephesus. Our group gets divided into two smaller groups and I was delighted that we were with people who we had already got to know from our tour in Istanbul. Our guide Dilek was such a lovely lady, we all warmed to her immediately. It wasn’t far from the port of Kusadasi to Ephesus but it is a hot place with no shade, comfortable shoes and hats are needed.

They have only excavated 15% of what’s there, and it is very impressive, we saw the virgin Mary’s house, where she lived after Jesus died, then we walked through the city. The most impressive building is the library. It’s just huge.

We chose to return to the port around two thirty, as we were sailing at 5pm, and wanted some free time for shopping etc.

We later learned that the other group got back late to the ship, after 4:30! Their guide kept saying ‘it’s ok they will wait for you’! Not good! I was really annoyed to hear this as I arranged the tour and had assured everyone they would be back by 3:30. The guide feels he has so much knowledge to impart, but it’s equally important to listen to the guests as to what is important to them too… I fed back to the tour company that I was not happy. Running to catch your ship is the worst experience!

For dinner we went to the lawn club again, and had pizzas steaks salad etc, yummy. And the best carrot cake ever! (Again)

It started to get cold and windy so they brought us blankets.

Then we went to the martini bar for another silent disco yay! So much fun, George and Katie really went for it and was great to see them enjoying themselves so much. Today’s cocktail was a Lemon Drop Martini, this was really nice, sugar rim, sharp lemon - delicious.

We have been in touch with mum and our dog Barney is also enjoying his holiday with her. We are in Athens tomorrow, and not doing much as we have been several times before.

Our trip reports -
Old 10 May 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’ve been away for the weekend so just catching up on the past few days of your holiday. Istanbul looks really interesting, we’ve been to Turkey several times but never to the city, just the beautiful coastline. Your trip makes me want to go there now (another one for the bucket list).

Katie does not look happy about the scarf, but she wears it with style 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Pleased you’ve got the nicer people on your tour group for the past few days. Ephesus looks amazing, we love ancient ruins (as you can tell from my countdown for our next trip). Not good of the tour guide to overrule the group and risk them getting back so late.

The food looks incredible again, I do love carrot cake.
Old 10 May 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoying reading about your trip! Thanks for sharing.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List