Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Aug 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Train strikes

Seem to be more train strikes on Saturdays then most days and one due tomorrow

Does anyone know when the dates of any strikes will be listed for September as we travel on Saturday 10th sept to Manchester the night before our flight
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West

Edited at 11:01 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

They don't give heaps of notice as disruption is the point.

Three upcoming rail strikes have been announced. All UK train operators will be impacted on Thursday 18th and Saturday 20th August 2022. This is also likely to impact some services on the morning after the strikes.

Another strike planned for Saturday 13th August (tomorrow) will impact certain train operators only.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Traveling to Manchester Airport by train in three weeks, these strikes better not mess things up.. sigh
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

By law they have to give at least two weeks notice of strike action.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm in the same boat - travelling to Gatwick on Saturday 10th September. I can't drive so that's not an option. National Express haven't resumed their service from my area since they stopped for covid. An Uber costs approx. £130. A normal taxi costs approx. £150.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm in the same boat - travelling to Gatwick on Saturday 10th September. I can't drive so that's not an option. National Express haven't resumed their service from my area since they stopped for covid. An Uber costs approx. £130. A normal taxi costs approx. £150.
Go the night before?
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,

Edited at 05:27 PM.
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Go the night gefore\?
I had thought of that but I'll have to go straight from work and won't get there till about 9.30 which will be too late for me to eat. Also my journey to work is two buses which are always packed and I don't want to have to take my luggage on them. Plus I work on the first floor of a building with no lifts and getting my luggage up and down the stairs won't be easy. My flight is on the 11th and I'm staying overnight at the Bloc hotel. If I'm going to have to fork out extra money I'd rather it be for a taxi than another night at an airport hotel.

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I had thought of that but I'll have to go straight from work and won't get there till about 9.30. Also my journey to work is two buses which are always packed and I don't want to have to take my luggage on them. Plus I work on the first floor of a building with no lifts and getting my luggage up and down the stairs won't be easy.
I don’t know if it’s available in your area but could you do that collect luggage from home & take to airport service? I considered it & the price was ok but it’s only 17mls/30 mins drive to MCR airport from my house.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
I don’t know if it’s available in your area but could you do that collect luggage from home & take to airport service? I considered it & the price was ok but it’s only 17mls/30 mins drive to MCR airport from my house.
It's an hour and a half drive. However I only live a half hour bus journey from Luton Airport and I've just checked and I can get a National Express coach from there. I'll have to change at Heathrow but that's no problem. It costs £28. So that's what I'll do if there's a train strike.
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Noticed a lot more traffic on the roads today. Maybe 25% more than a normal Saturday?

Coming back in to Wales and it took me 45 mins to travel less than 10 miles.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List