Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I wish we could 'not have a budget' but unfortunately our funds force otherwise. I have to plan everything and stick to it barring emergencies. 😏
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
just got back. onsite with dining plan 2 adultd one child.. spent $1300 in total
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
$4000 is our budget this trip for 2 adults 2 teens for 22 nights. tickets and parking paid. kids will have an additional amount each for shopping and we will hopefully have a shopping budget too
have spent up to $10000 in the past on trips but we are talking masses of clothes, golf clubs and a laptop those trips ….cant do it like that anymore though
Old 22 May 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I'm clearly in the wrong job 😒
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We have $100 a day for everything for three weeks. Our main meal is usually away from the touristy trail and can be cheapish Mom and Pop or more expensive lake/seafront restaurants. The other meal restores the monetary balance. We very rarely overspend.
Old 22 May 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Having been to Boston, New York and Atlanta in the last year, all having different costs for everything, We spent $200 dollars a day, for food, shopping and anything else you fancy. Im assuming ill spend about $500 for 11 nights in september, as we are on DDP. A $200 gift card should cover Disney incidentals and the $500 will go in WalMart and Tourist shops Id imagine
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Op. You’re food is only fully paid for if you’re not eating any TS. Otherwise you need tip money. I budget $4-500 for that for 4 adults on a 2 week on site Disney trip which will include some wine money. About another $100 for incidental tips. Then it depends if you need petrol or Uber’s or parking. You can work that out in advance. Then it’s just what you want to spend. I tend to allow the kids $500 each clothing money in the malls. I tend not to buy much for myself or souvenirs but generally buy a piece of art. I’ve done it on $1000 family of four for 2 weeks on site with no ore paid food but kids were little and the dollar rate was 2 to the pound!
Old 23 May 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Last year was ourf first time to WDW we went for 3 weeks, 2 of them on DDP at AKL and 1 week universal HRH. I think we ended up with about 4k on pre-loaded dollar cards. This was for tips, ubers, LOADS of souvenirs, breakfast and basically whatever we wanted. I approach holidays like "we've worked really hard for this...let's enjoy". Doing HHN this year, 8 nights HRH will take 2-3k as no dining plan. BUT never added anything to CC so no bill when we got/get home. 🙂
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
blah11
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’d want to take £1000-£1500 at least but would probably take a little extra just in case and a credit card.
blah11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
blah11
Getting Excited

Mobile

I figure it’s an expensive holiday with park tickets so I’d rather save an extra year and not be on a strict budget every single day. Last time we went I was glad to not have to say no every time they asked for a slush in the park or a toy in Walmart. Also enjoyed buying myself a few treats and eating steak if I wanted without worrying about it, although obviously that’s not a problem if you’re onsite with dining anyway.
blah11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List