Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 May 19, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 May 21 2019

Index is here.

I took a melatonin gummie last night as a trial run for flying home. I fell asleep fairly quickly but didn’t feel like I had a deep sleep. Had a lazy morning - started to sort some things ready for packing - not sure how it’s all going to fit. The ridiculously expensive little mermaid pool toys and the titanic may have to get shipped!

Phoe and I spent some time in and around the pool. I took the recycling out ready for tomorrow to discover that someone has put a load of plastic guttering and diy plastic containers in our bin?!?!

We did a quick google of Weekee wachi - we were supposed to be going here tomorrow and the mermaid show has been closed for renovation since November with the website saying it would re open in April. The website now says opening June 15th. We still undecided whether to go or not and just swim in the state park but it’s a 2 hour drive.

At 11.30 I went and made some lunch so we could be ready to leave at 12. Jas didn’t want to come - she’s tired and has declared that 3 weeks is too long and she just wants to go home.

Phoe went to talk to her. Next thing jas comes storming down and gets in the car but we weren’t ready. We quickly scrabbled round and got in the car at 12.10. I realised half way there that I’d forgotten my lunch!

We arrived and had didn’t want to get out of the car. Finally persuaded her. Phoe was promising to buy her all sorts if she could just get through today as it’s their Dad’s last full day.

We met up with Andrew and Teresa and Phoe and I swapped magic bands. Jas just sat on the floor. I left them at this point and headed to beauty and the beast show but it was 1.08 and it started at 1 so I went to voyage of the little mermaid instead as the next showing was 1.20.

I picked a dud row - the man to my left was having a nose bleed. Nose bleeds freak me right out. Has used to get loads when she was younger and there wasn’t a thing I could do to help her. I just put my left hand up and tuned him out - the man to the right of me was quite big so there wasn’t a chance that I’d get past him to get out. I couldn’t get out of there quick enough when it finished

Had a WhatsApp from Phoe to say that Jas was now eating some chicken tenders. Hopefully she’ll be a bit more cheerful once she’s eaten.

I then headed to beauty and the beast ready for the 2oclock show. Best seats I’ve ever had so better make sure I take some pics. The man next to me is eating a pack of peanuts - good job I’m not lettuce! Lettuce? That should be allergic.

Beauty and and the beast is a great little show but is does get warm in the outdoor theatre even though it’s undercover and there are fans.

I thought about going to the new cars show next but then remembered that I wanted to see the Aladdin preview. I started to make my way there. I saw a t-shirt that looked familiar which phoebe wore on a previous trip, I looked up and it was Sarah and Reece. They were then on their way to meet Phoebe. We had a quick chat and I checked that Reece hadn’t lost his phone today - yesterday he left it in the Uber so instead of riding flight of passage they spent an hour trying to get the phone back.

I got to The One Man’s Dream theatre and it was 8 mins until the next showing. I might actually visit one time when they’re showing the actual one man’s dream show! A lady waiting pointed out that my drink cup is Aladdin.

Aladdin looks like a good movie - but confused though with the opening market scene dialogue - the market people are all talking with heavy accents but Aladdin and Jasmine have American accents?!

I still had 20 minutes until my star tours fast pass so made my way to meet Edna Mode from the Incredibles. I had planned to change into my Edna t-shirt but in the scrabble to get out I forgot. Edna was just a 10 minute wait. Forgot to take my glasses off though even though when I was at the front I said to myself take glasses off. The photos always have ridiculous glare on the glasses.

I then walked round to star tours. Standby was a 15 minute wait. As soon as I scanned my hand for fastpass I said yo myself that I should have modified the fast pass to something else and gone in the standby. It was a walk in and our car was half empty. I got the sandy mission and a boy in the back row was the rebel spy - I’m not sure if it’s completely random or the same seat each time.

I was starving now so walked round to the backlot express and got the Cuban sandwich. Which was huge and quite tasty - it was pulled pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard

I looked at the app and saw that new cars show? Was only a 5 minute wait so I headed over there. On the way I ran into the others who were heading to Star tours. I arranged to meet them at 6 for Toy Story mania

The cars thing was a bit pants but it a sit down in the air conditioning. While in there Phoe messaged to say they were doing frozen ever after 5.30 if I wanted to join them. This one was funnier than the one I saw the first week - sir Eric was the same one the girls saw and was really funny. We were also sat further back and got snowed on.

Jas had also messaged to say she wanted to leave after Toy Story.

We went to Toy Story Mania after this with our fast passes and Sarah and Reece queued as it was only 35 minutes. The girls both beat me. I was out off as I had a stranger next to me - normally I just get to ride by myself.

We got off and sat on the tables at Woody’s lunch box. Phoe and Andrew were trying to persuade Jas to stay. Jas said she didn’t want to do it because she doesn’t like loud noises. I said to her that if she had said this earlier, people would understand. Phoe went to order some food and then Teresa left because she didn’t like the confrontation. Jas then wouldn’t eat the sandwich Phoe got her because it was on brown bread. Jas eats very little bread and when she does it’s white. Andrew made a comment about him not giving her a choice. I then left to wait near the fantasmic entrance as I felt I was being accused of causing confrontation and bad parenting. Phoe said I wasn’t but that’s how I felt.

We met back up and jas still didn’t want to go in. I said I’d sit out with her but the others were still trying to talk her into it. She eventually got up to go in. But then we lost Sarah and Reece. They text Phoe to say they weren’t coming.

We got to the arena and I needed the rest room but there was a man being sick in the bin so I bolted. This is one of the things I hate about so much alcohol being served in the parks now.

We still had an hour to wait at this point - jas with her hands over her ears, Phoe turned sideways in her phone and me on the row behind

After 20 mins or so jas had acclimatized to the noise and was more settled. I then got her a hotdog and the Mexican waves started - I love these. We had regular speed, then slo mo and then double speed. The man next to me was just as enthusiastic as I was!

I like the idea of the Fantasmic show but I wish they’d change it a bit. It’s based on Fantasia which is a bit of an odd film. I think they could modernize it and add a few tweaks.

Usual chaos trying to get out when it had finished. Seemed like trillions of people all trying to go through a funnel. We were back to the car by ten and the girls said goodbye to their dad and Teresa as they’re going home tomorrow.

Doris was absolutely useless getting off Disney property- she had me on blank screen in the middle of nowhere for ages so I had to try and follow the purple signs. She then put me on the I4 and the Apopka toll road so it was a mad scramble to find coins - she normally asks if I want tolls to which reply ‘no’ but she didn’t ask me this time. Maybe she’s tired too And wanted to get home quickly.

Home at 10.30. Jas grabbed a couple of snacks from the fridge and headed off to bed. Phoe and I shared the mango voodoo doughnut which was quite nice but Phoe didn’t like it.

One gdog lookalikes today

Observation that I forgot to mention ages ago - Disney have switched to paper straws and no lids!

The photo pass photos are really slow to appear this year.

I have taken the recommended dose of 2 melatonin gummies tonight - last night I only took one.

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 19 - Hollywood Studios

I woke up just before 9:30am and went to find mum trying to pack some stuff in the cases. We then sat outside and had some toast with a cuppa and some biscuits. Jas turned up and had a mini white magnum.

Mum and I then got in the pool for about an hour and Jas disappeared again. I then went to shower and mum came out to ask if I wanted to eat this mini pepperoni calzone because Jas didn’t want to eat lunch at half 11.

When I got out of the shower mum asked me to go speak to Jasmine because she said she didn’t want to come. I then went up and she said she didn’t want to be in the park for 8 hours plus. We’re planning on doing Fantasmic, and the past 2 years, Jas has always bailed out last minute for the show. I then explained by the time she’d actually gotten up and we’d met the others and queued for Tower of Terror. It’s them time for the first fp and then we can eat then it will be the second one. We’ve then got time to have dinner and watch a show before starting to queue for Fantasmic. She then shouted to go so she could get changed. She then came down the stairs and said 3 weeks is too long and she’s already done everything and went straight to the car. Haven’t done Fantasmic tho Jas!

We then set off for the park at 12:15pm. We arrived just before 1pm and Jasmine was still not in a good mood. We went to meet dad and Teresa and she slumped herself down against a tree with a face on. Mum and I fought hard to get her out of the house and then again out of the car. Mum then went off to be a solo tourist again and Sarah and Reece said they were in the queue for Slinky Dog.

We’d then persuaded Jas to come and sit in the restaurant, even if she didn’t eat, just to get some AC. We headed to the Backlot Express. Teresa had a chicken salad, dad had a pulled pork burger, I had a kids Mac and cheese with fries and Jas, despite not being hungry or thirsty, had chicken strips with fries and drank a whole sprite.

We then agreed to meet Sarah and Reece at the entrance to Tower of Terror as the wait was only 90 minutes. It was 14:07 by the time we got there and it had jumped up to 105 minutes. I text Sarah to say we were in the queue and for them to cut passed and meet us. Sarah then joined about 20 minutes later after walking up and down the fast past lane trying to find us! She through we’d gone inside the building. Reece had chickened out as he didn’t like the thought of falling. Nor did Teresa but she was giving it a go!

We were in the first room by 15:14. No where near 105 minutes. I class that first room as you’re in the ride, not the actual time you get onto it. All the preview is part of it! I’d tried about 7 or 8 times to modify our first fp for Toy Story Mania at 2:30-3:30 to a later time, as we wouldn’t of made it with a 105 minute wait.

I’d finally been able to modify it to 6pm, which then overlapped with mums time slot. Tower of Terror was brilliant as always. The photo is another classic! Teresa heart rate had doubled by the time she’d gotten off. We then met Reece in the gift shop after, the whimp! We were then in our fp slot for Rock n Roller Coaster. Sarah and Reece single ridered it to see if they could get on the same cart as we were. Just as we were near the front, Sarah walked past and went to row 2 and Reece was in row 12. We had to wait to be in the front again.

Jas didn’t manage to keep her eyes open this ride. We then headed over to Star Tours as it was only a 10 minute wait. Reece opted to sit this one out as the other day he felt rough after it! What a lightweight! They stopped for an ice cream and Jasmine had requested a bottle of water. She seemed in a better mood by now.

We had a different sequence again this time. Met Reece in the gift shop again. Teresa got a t shirt for her son Andrew. We then sat outside the Backlot Express and had an ice cream until the next Frozen show at 5:30pm. We met mum just outside and all went in to watch this. Still hilarious. How we’ve never done this before this trip, I don’t know.

We were then in our slot for Toy Story Mania. Standby queue was only 35 minutes so Sarah and Reece then decided to queue for it too. Jas got a score of 162,500 and I got 157,800. Mum, dad and Teresa had less than this. Mum blamed it on the man sat next to her, because she’s usually on her own and he put her off scoring. Jas has already said to mum she didn’t want to stay for Fantasmic after this. We were gonna go to the beach tomorrow, which meant another early start, but decided against it, which meant a lay in. I was hoping this would sway Jasmine into wanting to stay. It didn’t.

After we’d got off Toy Story Mania and waiting for Sarah and Reece, Jas was still declaring she wasn’t staying. After a lot of bribes of me, such as Lego and shoes, and the option for her to throat chop me, she was still against it. We then went to find a table in Andy’s lunchbox, whilst waiting for the others. Jasmine was having a strop at this point refusing to watch it. Mum then gave in and said she’d just drive her home and then have to come back and get me. Dad and I then kicked up a fuss saying it wasn’t fair on her to have to miss it because of Jasmine. She then announced she didn’t want to do it because it would be too loud for her. If she’d of communicated this earlier it would of saved a lot of stress! Teresa then left to walk round Toy Story Land because she didn’t like the conflict. Mum then walked off because of that comment. Jas then sulked some more. Dad was then sulking and I’m left to pick up the pieces. He goes to find Teresa and I’m dragging Jasmine along to go find mum. We find her outside Fantasmic and said she’ll sit here and wait with Jas until I was done.

I’d suggested to Jas to go and sit in there until 9pm, when it started. So at least she’ll be cool and then when it started and got too loud she could leave and meet me outside or at the car. She was reluctant at first and then marched off to the fast pass area with me running after her. Mums running after us because she has Jasmines magic band. Dad and Teresa are also just behind. I can’t see any sign of Sarah or Reece. I then text them to say we’re just past the magic band scan bit, when Sarah text to say they were gonna head back to their hotel as they’re both shattered.

We went to find a seat and Jas sat with her hands covering her ears for about half an hour. They then started the Mexican wave and mum was beyond excited about it. Jas then perked up a bit. They did a normal Mexican wave and it took ages for the whole theatre to follow suit. Once they’d got it, they sent it back. It was then a super slow mo wave and then a super fast wave. Jas then asked for a hotdog and happily ate that, and when the show started she did not budge. She was firmly sat there watching it with a slight smile on her face. All that drama and stress for absolutely no reason at all! That child is such hard work sometimes for such little things, but as soon as she’s comfortable with something, life’s good again.

We then walked out back to the start of the park and Jasmines nearly blinded by some light up Tinkerbell wings. We then said our goodbyes to dad and Teresa as they fly home tomorrow.

Trying to find our car when everyone’s beeping their horn buttons is crazy. We kept trying ours but it wouldn’t work. We then found the car and about 10 meters away from it and realised we had to have it unlocked for it to beep. It then beeped a bit, much to mums annoyance!

In the car and on the way home. 20 minutes later, Jas is rummaging through the fridge and finds a kinder egg to munch on. Mum and I share a mango doughnut from Voodoo but I didn’t like it. Another late night but another lay in tomorrow. Hoping for less meltdowns from Jasmine!

Edited at 04:36 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

An eventful day! Some fab photos, I like the one of you all in the frozen show. HS is my favourite park, have never seen Beauty and the Beast show so need to go back. Are you really bringing the inflatables home?!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Thanks for sharing. Out of interest was the rebel spy back row second seat in from the exit door?

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Thanks for sharing. Out of interest was the rebel spy back row second seat in from the exit door?
It was definitely back row but I couldn’t tell which seat. I’ll ask for back row next time! Was it entrance door or exit door?!

Edited at 12:58 PM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
An eventful day! Some fab photos, I like the one of you all in the frozen show. HS is my favourite park, have never seen Beauty and the Beast show so need to go back. Are you really bringing the inflatables home?!
Not all of them but Phoe paid £40 each for the flounder and Sebastian!
Old 22 May 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Exit door so second person to enter in back row when going in. My daughter got this twice in a row in 2015.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks for the tips about rebel spy everyone!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another mixed day

Joan
Old 30 May 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Bit of a mixed day but I do love Toy Story Mania; it's a great ride!

Never done the Frozen thing but will start working on DH now ahead of our January trip and by the time we go he will want to go to see it! I might use 'if you see this show I'll let you sit out It's a Small World'
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List