Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

What are the general thoughts here? Do we think the US may suspend travel temporarily?
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

I’d say the focus is on African flights atm but will be under close review 😕
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
We get the train down to Manchester on the 7th and fly on the 8th,supposedly.😳
Am a right in saying u follow English rules not Scottish travel rule for international travel if ur arrival airport is England? I can remember reading something before but not sure. Know it won't help if was restrictions between England and Scotland but would like to think we away off that yet!
Am flying into Heathrow then have connecting flight back to Glasgow. Won't feel excited until on that plane. Am just trying to keep head down this week and keep quietly optimistic. 🥴
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What are the general thoughts here? Do we think the US may suspend travel temporarily?
I don't want to think they will,but it's really hard to get the thought out of your mind.Much as I want to go,I don't want to get there and a couple of days later be told it's game over 🤔☹️
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Am a right in saying u follow English rules not Scottish travel rule for international travel if ur arrival airport is England? I can remember reading something before but not sure. Know it won't help if was restrictions between England and Scotland but would like to think we away off that yet!
Am flying into Heathrow then have connecting flight back to Glasgow. Won't feel excited until on that plane. Am just trying to keep head down this week and keep quietly optimistic. 🥴
I've no idea to be honest,hearing Sturgeon talking of further restrictions,I don't know where we'd stand if she decided to stop travel into England,lol where did I put my big positive pants again🤔
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

No more doom and gloom from me,I'm going to have a good sleep and get up in the morning full of joy for this long awaited holiday🎄🇺🇸😎I get my hair and nails done on Saturday,Sunday we get our tests 🤞Monday we have a night in Edinburgh,Tuesday we head to Manchester to stay in the Radisson and Wednesday almost 2 years since we last went on a flight we'll be crossing the pond!
Old 29 Nov 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I really hope not 😔 I don’t want to come home now! I said to my mum today that if my husband didn’t have to get home for work that I would amend their flights and our hotel bookings and just fly them and our children out to us now rather than us fly home and then all go at Xmas.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I don't think they will. I think banning the country where the variant is found is pretty standard from what the World has done but can't see US/Europe banning all travel again, especially with the huge deal it was to actually reopen which was only less than a month ago!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
No more doom and gloom from me,I'm going to have a good sleep and get up in the morning full of joy for this long awaited holiday🎄🇺🇸😎I get my hair and nails done on Saturday,Sunday we get our tests 🤞Monday we have a night in Edinburgh,Tuesday we head to Manchester to stay in the Radisson and Wednesday almost 2 years since we last went on a flight we'll be crossing the pond!
Sounds like a great plan and positivity that not much will change especially in the short term. Let's all hope it isn't as bad as thought or speculated. Ooh nails forgot bout them might sneek a wee visit to nail bar to get them done on Thursday after my covid test. Between the test and my exam results Friday if all goes well it will be major bubbles at the airport come Sunday even if is 5am 😁
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

~~~stepping away from the news channels 😳