Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Apr 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Yacht club v beach club - and garden view rooms!

Hi all, we had recently pre-booked with virgin for August 2020 and had asked for water view room at yacht club, which the rep promised (100%!) would come with the free dining & gift card once it was officially released. Surprise (not) now it's gone live, our booking has been changed to beach club garden view room, with the dining & card.

We're going in to have a moan and see what happened (presumably just no availability for dining at YC despite all her assurances) BUT my question is, is there much difference between yacht and beach? And what are the garden view rooms generally like at Beach, as we really don't want to be overlooking the car park I know we can put in room requests etc so what/where would you request? We don't like noisy and we want a nice view. Thanks!
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Our room last year was lovely and quiet
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Our room last year was lovely and quiet
Thank you, that's a nice one (almost a water view too!) Do you know what the location was? Is it labelled like east wing. west wing or anything?
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

I had a garden room at the Beach Club and it was fab. Very quiet and easy to get to the pools and Epcot.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
Thank you, that's a nice one (almost a water view too!) Do you know what the location was? Is it labelled like east wing. west wing or anything?
Ohhh I'm not sure..it was room 3623 though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I’ve just found my room allocation email from 2017 at BC.
Room 4579, 4th floor, full balcony, garden view
Sorry, picture not great but you get the idea! (Hope it shows, never uploaded pictures on here before)

Edited at 10:51 AM.
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
I’ve just found my room allocation email from 2017 at BC.
Room 4579, 4th floor, full balcony, garden view
Sorry, picture not great but you get the idea! (Hope it shows, never uploaded pictures on here before)
Hi! That looks lovely, I'd be happy with that - I was reading up that lots of BC rooms don't have full balcony and I really do like a balcony. Can you remember if you had two queens or a king? And did you have a pull-out sofa/day bed? Jake and Charlie are refusing to share a bed
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just my opinion but BC garden view rooms are better than YC garden view which are one of the 'dog' category rooms. The BC rooms closer to the lobby tend to have nice lawn views over those further away which tend to include tree views. If a balcony is more important put that request on your booking. I loved the BC, whilst the lobby can be a bit manic at times there's quieter spots to retreat too.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Yvemc
Excited about Disney

Exactly the same thing happened with me this morning! I've stayed at the Beach Club before and I wasn't overly fussed to get YC or BC, happy to have BC and the dining plan. Through Virgin we have requested a full balcony room, fingers crossed we get one, but it's not a deal breaker!
WDW Hilton DTD 2001, Wyndham Palace DTD 2004, Sheraton Safari 2006, BC 2009, AKL 2012, BC 2014, AKL 2016, Portofino Bay & Boardwalk 2022, it was worth the wait! Ok I said not until 2025 yet here we go again! 2024 Universal RPR & Drurys Disney Springs!
Yvemc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
Hi! That looks lovely, I'd be happy with that - I was reading up that lots of BC rooms don't have full balcony and I really do like a balcony. Can you remember if you had two queens or a king? And did you have a pull-out sofa/day bed? Jake and Charlie are refusing to share a bed
I think we had 2 Queen beds but can’t be sure and we didn’t take any photos of the room for some reason? If you go on TouringPlans website you can look up the room by number or on a plan of the resort and see what photos they have stored. If I recall it also tells you if the room has King or 2 Queen beds and if it has full balcony or not. Very useful site - although not as useful as the DIBB of course 😉
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List