Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Apr 15, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Villa booking - payments question...

Hello all,

Been looking at Villas on Home Away and found one that takes our fancy for August of this year.

Owner has sent a request for payment, using their Credit Card payment system. I know I am protected but...

The request is for full payment, including Deposit. I've booked many in the past, last time about 2 years ago and normally you pay a deposit and then the remaining balance 8-12 weeks before arrival.

I've spoken to the owner and performed a couple of checks to validate who I'm dealing with really exists as best I can...

Have things changed now? Is this the norm to request full payment for online Vila bookings now.

Thanks in advance
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Does seem a bit early for the full amount
have you queried that?
I guess on that site it is in the villaowners hands to make the request
maybe he is American and they often book so late that it is time for money due when they book, so maybe he ahs set up for that
Query with the owner
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

I agree with Susan that it does seem early to ask for full payment - I would expect to be asked for a deposit at this point and remaining balance 8 weeks prior to arrival.

Perhaps you could ask that question of the owner and, if you are comfortable with the reply, you can go ahead and book. As Susan says, US guests book early so a deposit may just not be something they have considered.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As Susan and Polly have said may be American owners but it's a bit early for the full amount

Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Definitely not the norm but it depends on how they have set up the HA payment system, just ask them if you can pay a deposit now with the balance 8 weeks before the stay and see what they say.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I also think its a bit odd asking for full payment now for an August rental. All owners operate slightly differently so you will need to ask the owner themselves and take it from there. If that is how they want to do it and they won't budge, then its up to you whether you go ahead and book or look elsewhere.

Debra
Old 1 Apr 15, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

I've booked quite a few villas on H&A, I have one booked for the 2nd week of our holiday this year down on the Gulf coast. I have never been asked for full payment this early, only a deposit, payment is usually due around 6-8 weeks before arrival.

If they're asking for the lot now, I'd steer clear. IMHO.
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I also think it is too early to be paying the full amount. We ask for the balance 8 weeks before arrival date and I think most villa owners are the same. It might be quite innocent but I would ask the owner. Does it say on his web page that he asks for the balance this early?

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree its a bit early for full payment
Look into it a bit more before making a decision
Carol
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

It does seem a bit early to be asking for full payment. I use the HA payment system (initial deposit and final balance due 8 weeks before arrival) to request payments from guests but it sounds like they may not have set it up properly. Speak to the owner and see if you can work something out.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread