Notices

Old 16 Jul 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Sorry about that - think of it as more spending money for next year. 🤞 & more entertainment for Dibbers who will get to share/enjoy your new trip planning. 🙂

Thinking we might fail our Sept attempt, I had a mad moment this morning & booked Aer Lingus business flights for May 22. 😱

Im justifying the expense by dividing the price by 5 - as it will be our 5th attempt.

Mind you, if we do get to go in Sept, we’ll be eating in McD’s next May. 😂
Really hoping that you get there in Sept. we have already booked Toronto, Orlando etc for next April and will rebook this one for next August, maybe 3 weeks instead of 2.. San Diego May once more beckon.. or Portland.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Yes us too, we were due out on the 20th. I knew we weren’t going, but it’s still quite sad when they actually cancel.
We will get over it Princess, you and I both.

Many other Dibbers are in exactly the same position also. We just get up off the floor and build again.. better and hopefully, bigger.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Good luck, Nadia. Unfortunately with kids, we are tied to School Hols and must look to next Summer as we have already booked the Easter.
Yes we are lucky our kids start back pretty late this year,older ones starting college even later so we are ok for now.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

Well, the sun is shining, I am a mere month away from my vacation.. and I have received my cancellation note from BA... August of 2022 it is then!

Gutted, I think is the appropriate word as this Covid farce continues.
I’m gutted for you! We should be on a flight right now into Orlando 😞
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Well, the sun is shining, I am a mere month away from my vacation.. and I have received my cancellation note from BA... August of 2022 it is then!

Gutted, I think is the appropriate word as this Covid farce continues.
So sorry to hear your holiday has been cancelled again.
Are you planning anything else before August 22?
Old 16 Jul 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
I’m gutted for you! We should be on a flight right now into Orlando 😞
It is hurting us all… Sorry to hear that, Robin.

Old 16 Jul 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
So sorry to hear your holiday has been cancelled again.
Are you planning anything else before August 22?
We have already booked up and paid for Easter of 2022 as we prepared for today’s disappointment. We paid for it with the money set aside for our two cancelled 2020 vacations.

As we speak, I am sorting out the refunds for this latest disaster and will use that money to book August of 2022 .. but bigger, better and hopefully a 3 weeker to take in either Seattle and down… or another peek at San Diego.

You will find Easter 2022 in my signature.. Toronto, Niagara, Orlando, Crystal River, Venice, Naples, Miami, should it interest you.

Edited at 09:01 PM.
Old 16 Jul 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sorry you have had yet another cancellation, my heart really goes out to those who had planned their first magical visits that wer cancelled both last year and possibly again this
We will all get our trips eventually 🙏🏻🤞🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
So sorry you have had yet another cancellation, my heart really goes out to those who had planned their first magical visits that wer cancelled both last year and possibly again this
We will all get our trips eventually 🙏🏻🤞🏻
I would agree. I have had the pleasure of taking my family to the USA on 10 x Occasions and from a very young age (they are now 18 and 15). When we can once more get there makes not such a great difference, provided we keep the money quarantined and isolated.
Others have not yet had that pleasure and are watching their children grow, whilst wondering at what age they will get them there.

Old 16 Jul 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Well I’m blaming you lot. I’ve been pricing flights to San Diego for next year. We were intending to go to Japan but I just can’t see that happening. I won’t be booking anything soon (cancelled two holidays already) but will enjoy looking into it all.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List